Are there private traders/investors in Mexico city?

Hello everybody,  :)

Do people invest on their own?
Anybody doing day-trading at all?

I already searched for clubs on the Net but found nothing of importance.
I am also in touch with Bolsa Mexicana de Valores.

Thank you in advance.

John C. wrote:

Hello everybody,  :)

Do people invest on their own?
Anybody doing day-trading at all?

I already searched for clubs on the Net but found nothing of importance.
I am also in touch with Bolsa Mexicana de Valores.

On-line trading with TradeKing. Not registered for day-trading.
Don't trade in the Bolsa. I do know a Mexican broker, if you need one.

Hello you want to invest? in Mexico?, contact a Bank branch, I recommend Banorte, they are indicated to guide you in all you need in a matter of INVESTMENT.
regards

joaquinx wrote:

On-line trading with TradeKing. Not registered for day-trading.
Don't trade in the Bolsa. I do know a Mexican broker, if you need one.

Hello Joa,  :)
Thank you for details, for advice and offer to help.
No, I did not and will not trade on Bolsa soon.

Are there any trader clubs with memberships expat or locals?
Do people talk about private investing?

I surfed the Mexico forum here and was appalled at scarcity of good posts ...  I realized the atmosphere is not great, to say the least, but I wanted to find out how bad in fact the situation is.  :unsure

martha garcia garcia wrote:

Hello you want to invest? in Mexico?, contact a Bank branch, I recommend Banorte, they are indicated to guide you in all you need in a matter of INVESTMENT.
regards

Hello Martha, :)
Thank you your suggestion.
My investment does not refer to commercial investments, and if I do it, it will certainly be through the Banks and venture capital groups to scour for great ideas and quality entrepreneurs.

If you read Joa's reply above you will realize about what type of investment I wanted to hear.

Do you trade at all?

John C. wrote:

Are there any trader clubs with memberships expat or locals?
Do people talk about private investing?

I surfed the Mexico forum here and was appalled at scarcity of good posts ...  I realized the atmosphere is not great, to say the least, but I wanted to find out how bad in fact the situation is.  :unsure

Most of the 'trader clubs' are online and run by the those online trading services such as the one I use - TradeKing. This maybe the reason why you couldn't find any posting. Of all the forums I belong, no one has made any postings on stock trading.

I don't understand the '. . . how bad in fact the situation is.' Are you talking about the economy in general, in Mexico, or the lack of discussions?

joaquinx wrote:

Most of the 'trader clubs' are online and run by the those online trading services such as the one I use - TradeKing. This maybe the reason why you couldn't find any posting. Of all the forums I belong, no one has made any postings on stock trading.

I don't understand the '. . . how bad in fact the situation is.' Are you talking about the economy in general, in Mexico, or the lack of discussions?

Hello Joaquin,  :)
Trader forums at brokerages and software makers are an industry standard by now.
I was not referring to them.

1)    Are there any trader clubs with membership for expats or locals in Mexico City or Mexico at all?
Do people in town talk about private investing?
Do you know of other private traders such as yourself?
Do you meet once a month to exchange views and news?

2). I was referring to the Mexico forum here.  For a city of 20M+ inhabitants, one would expect a crowded forum but this is hardly the case.  What goes on?

1) No to all questions.

2) There are other forums about Mexico. Playa del Carmen, San Miguel, Ajijic/Chapala, Puerto Vallarta. I know of none in Mexico city. expatforum.com and MexConnect.com

joaquinx wrote:

1) No to all questions.

2) There are other forums about Mexico. Playa del Carmen, San Miguel, Ajijic/Chapala, Puerto Vallarta. I know of none in Mexico city. expatforum.com and MexConnect.com

Hello Joaquin,  :)

Thanks for your surprising answer.
If the answer is 'No' to all my questions at 1)., I guess there is no need for me to go to check other forums.  If Mexico city is in shambles with no trader clubs, then I can only imagine how bad it could be in other cities.
Why do you think there is no interest in private investing (or too little an interest to show up on the Internet)?

Many are interested in investing, but don't like to share.

joaquinx wrote:

:D  I wish I knew the word for that disease ....  :lol:

John C. wrote:
joaquinx wrote:

Perhaps, we don't need a support group.

joaquinx wrote:
John C. wrote:
joaquinx wrote:

Perhaps, we don't need a support group.

Oh, yes, traders need nothing and nobody ... I know that too.
Anyway, thanks for the info.  :)