Male Dance Partner Needed

Hello,

I have been taking classes on Latin & Standard Dance and would like to continue dancing. I plan to take a private class once a week and hope I can also practice with a partner since taking private lesson all the time is very expensive. However, Im having a difficulty to find a male dance partner in Jakarta, I hope you can help me. I am 158 cm tall and I am at intermediate level. I speak fluent English and German. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Santi

I have two left feet so can't be of any help but to wish you luck.

Why not, mas fred? Would be so cool to see a jumpin sheep get it down on the dance floor ...

What is "intermediate level"?

Intermediate dancing skill.

Yeah Hailey,  intermediate means intermediate level.  That's one level above dad dancing at weddings and 3 below getting drunk and being the world's greatest dancer

That makes as much sense as anything else.

I only asked because I've been a professional dancer since high school and I have no idea what an "intermediate" dancer is.

In Indonesia intermediate is long word that sounds clever.  Useful to describe language ability but not sure what else.

So, for example, with guitar players, Madonna is a beginner, Paul Simon intermediate and Eric Clapton advanced?

“I only asked because I've been a professional dancer since high school and I have no idea what an "intermediate" dancer is.”

That you had to ask makes perfect sense to me Hailey.  Dancers who use poles or whose dance involves someone's lap are all rated “expert.” :lol:

Lukereg. The word 'intermediate' is commonly said among locals, although we use it mostly to describe one's skills in a sport. Don't know what they call it in dance, though. After all, I can only do moonwalk and a lil gangnam style which I'm pretty sure makes me a 'pathetic'.

I'm quite advanced at jumping around like an idiot

After a bottle of tequila I often regard myself as the worlds greatest dancer.

Me too! :)

Ubudian wrote:

That you had to ask makes perfect sense to me Hailey.  Dancers who use poles or whose dance involves someone's lap are all rated “expert.” :lol:

Santi might be offended that you think she's a stripper.

lukereg wrote:

After a bottle of tequila I often regard myself as the worlds greatest dancer.

Post a video and we'll all decide.

"Santi might be offended that you think she's a stripper."

Santi wasn't the target of the comment dear!  :lol:

But don't you be offended either...or, as old Harry used to say, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

So are you implying that since I'm a dancer, I must be a stripper and if I don't like such an obviously sexist remark, I should leave?  Or are you saying that anyone who can't handle all the misogyny on this site should just go away and let the men do all the talking?

I'm only trying to clarify so those with a tenuous grasp of the English language can better understand.

On multiple choice questions always look for the last one, usually designated d. and which reads, "all of the above."  :lol:

Hello!

Maybe I can help you! If you still need a male dancer!

I learned some Latin dance in my school time, but I almost forgot the steps...