Doing business in Equatorial Guinea

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Equatorial Guinea?

Is it complicated to register a company in Equatorial Guinea? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Equatorial Guinea?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Hello Julien

Surely, foreign investors are welcome to EG. However, under the new investment law, you should have at least 35% of local participation on your company establishment.

And Yes!! It is very complicated to register a company in EG. There are as many as 18 procedures, which includes separate registration to various ministries. Whole procedure can take up to 1 year but normally it takes 3 to 6 months.

Corporate tax rate is 35% (as far as I know. Please correct me if I am wrong).

Regards

Thanks for your help alexshu!;)

Harmonie.

Although registering a company in EG may be a long process you best bet as a new company it is to deal with a local agent that can speed up the process for you. Plain and simple. As a business owner you must have more important things to do that go through the registration process. I set up a company in the UK and USA and got together with an agent to do so it was pain free. EG bureaucracy it is not easy to navigate if you are new in the country, together with the fact that the first language is Spanish it makes it makes the process harder for others to understand, but it really isn't.
there are more than 25,000 american living and working in EG. Investors are most welcome into the country, actually I have not been in a place where getting work as a foreign company it's so easy. There are actually 12 steps to registering a company ( not 18 sorry) and this is due to only having one Notary in the island ( Malabo) and another one in Bata.

Recruitment it's pretty straight forward but once again please deal with an agent or local partner they will be able to explain the entire process. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

I hope this helps

Maria