New to Alicante

Hi everyone,

I'm a British female and have just moved to Alicante on my own and want to make some new friends. Let's just say I'm over 40, so I'm not overly into discos, etc. Would be nice to meet some international people for chats, walks, sightseeing, drinks, etc.

I've also been looking for a language exchange group, but have so far been unable to find anything, does anyone know of one?

Hi Tere
Im also new in Alicante soon.if you intereted to be my friend maybe we can get in touch soon.i will be relocate  around terra mitica.i already post my request on this forum before but no taker.loli love to go out for drinks and beach outing on my days off. im also so over disco type entertainment.anyway.take care.

Hi Tere, I,m Maria I am
Spanish,I have  beeing living in England for 4 years and I have  a little English girl.
If you wish to meet me I could help you with some information about alicante and may to introduce you to  someone else.

Thanks

Maria

How about meeting for coffee tomorrow? Or suggest another time if you prefer. I'm new to the city so I'm sorry I can't suggest a meeting place. Do you know somewhere nice? I live in the city centre near to Avenida Madison and el Corte Inglés.

Tere :)

I do work in the morning,
Tomorrow I think at 9 pm will be ok to me.
In avenida Maisonave , in front of Corte ingles, there is a bar with a terrace on the street called Lizaran( as far as I remember it has dark red umbrellas for sun) it could be at easy place for you to find it.
Could I ask you were are you comming from?

Thanks

Maite

Ok, great. I think I have seen that bar. I'm from London, but I have also lived in the Essex and Suffolk areas of England. Whereabouts did you live in England?

Newcastle
Do not worry I do not speak geordi( big smile)

I have a friend from Newcastle, and sometimes I can't understand a word they say! jaja

See you tomorrow :)

Hi Tere13

My name is Roy(American) and my wife is Ann-Chrisine.(Swedish). We both lived in San Franccisco, CA for many years but moved to Montevideo Uruguay where we lived for over 2 years. We relocated to Alicante 3 months ago and have an apartment in the Centro on Federico Soto. In Montevideo there is a very active expat community were we met many people and made a few friends. Most of the expats were American with some Canadian, Australian and and one or two English. So far we have not found an expat group here in the city of Alicante.  We met one Englishman but he and his wife live in one of the small towns outside Alicante.

My wife and I like an occasional opera and ballet. Besides the opera and ballet in S.F. our main sport was exploring restaurants of which there are a few in S.F. So far we love Alicante and are enjoying the restaurants here immensely. 

We too are over 40, well over 40. If you would like to meet for coffee or a drink drop a line here.

Roy and Ann-Christine

Hi Tere13
I am over 40 as well but still like the disco and am an Aussie. Moved to Alicante about 2 months ago.

Thanks