Living in Mauritius

Hi all

Can anyone please give me some information about this topic.We are considering moving there and have very small amounts of information.Is Port Louis a good place to work and which are the safest areas to live? Is the cost of living good or bad and how is the schooling there? Generally i need honest people to give me a honest reply

Thanks all
CarlJohn

Hi CarlJohn,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to browse through the different thread on the Mauritius forum which might help you have some answers to your questions.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

thank you i will have a look at that its well apprecated

CarlJohn wrote:

Hi all

Can anyone please give me some information about this topic.We are considering moving there and have very small amounts of information.Is Port Louis a good place to work and which are the safest areas to live? Is the cost of living good or bad and how is the schooling there? Generally i need honest people to give me a honest reply

Thanks all
CarlJohn

Hi
Best to look through the forums and see peoples answers and questions on these.

We live in Black River/Tamarin and quite a few of our friends work in Port Louis, although can take an hour to get there in rush hour, but they think it is worth it for the quality of life they get living here.

My husband works in Ebene, this takes him anything from 30 mins to 45 mins depending on traffic.

And to be totally truthful I don't think there are any "unsafe" areas to live in Mauritius.

But if you want an active social life, then maybe best to live where there is an expat community although the local people are very friendly.

We have friends who live all over the Island and some friends who have just moved from the West coast to Vacoas as they say Vacoas reminds them of the UK - lots of rain and cold ;)

As I said earlier read the other posts and always remember like my reply it is a personal opinion and people's do differ :)

Good luck

Hello Carl,

This post will be of help and definitely reflects answers t oyour questions

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=325613

regards

Frenchie

hi
Port Louis is safe, and most people work at port Louis. its safe.  its only very hot. beside everything is cheaper.. Transport facility etc...

go ahead.