Filipino in KL, Malaysia

Just want to know if there are any gatherings or meet ups for Filipinos living here in KL, Malaysia. I'm just in my 4th month here so I am looking for Filipino guys/gals to be friends with to atleast lessen the boredom of being alone and away with my friends and relatives. Friendship can start with a simple chat :)

You can visit Filipino Malaysian Associational website.

Thank you :)

Unless you like to be friends with Australian man I am.

u interested to some fishing?

hi. am also a filipino .  My husband is considering to accept the offer in cyberjaya. WAs wondering if you could give us an insight on how much could be a good salary for a family with 2 children 4 and 5 years of age.

I think salary between 8-10k RM will do, the higher the better :)

Thanks Jolens.  He was being offered RM20k/mo including taxes. More or less RM15k is the take home money.  Considering that the 2 children has to be enrolled in the international school plus motgage, plus to purchase a car plus house rent.. will that salary suffice?

Yes I think that is enough. I know families here earning 12K RM and is sufficient for them. You can enjoy the luxury of living here with that income. :)

hello, i am also a pinay coming to KL in few months.  we will be coming from down under and seriously considering the AISM (australian intl sch).  we'd visited the school at the mines resort and now deciding on where to relocate that is closer to the school.  we've seen the gita bayu, but still looking for other options.  can anyone recommend a good/secured area within that vicinity?  thanks.

why only u r looking for pino friends... why not other nationals.. do u have any prob with other nationals...
sorry i m not hurting u .. just making a point on u ... hope u dont mind.. lol

true,,want only pinoy friends,,but wouldnt mind info from other nationals

well i thnk she will answer the question ?

Sorry kinda hesitant :)

hi jolens, count me in as one of your friends in Malaysia. you can add me on my fb account.. facebook.com/chemanzano10

freerange wrote:

Thanks Jolens.  He was being offered RM20k/mo including taxes. More or less RM15k is the take home money.  Considering that the 2 children has to be enrolled in the international school plus motgage, plus to purchase a car plus house rent.. will that salary suffice?

have lots of expat clients own a house with 2 cars and 2 kids sending over to international school,12k is more than enough,some more still could have some saving for future. yours is more than more enough. lol

Make sure the facts are straight before you start drawing conclusions
If your words aren't grounded in the truth, they will backfire.
Finish what is on your plate before you reach for another dish.
After you have figured out who you are, share yourself with the world.
Before you make a decision, be aware of how others see the picture.

Hi Im francis and I wnt to know if there is someone else (pinoy) here in Selangor?

hi Jolens,I am new here in KL

[Moderated: Please register your ad in the business directory]

hello po...im new here

welcome welcome welcome

same here, pinoy male looking for filipino here in malaysia as company.... 1 month pa lang po.

Hello how R U

am good still adjusting.... you sir?

sana makahanap k ng work mo dyan sa malysia......hoping to see you once dyan ako sa malaysia for a few days.......

Hi yiwenlee,

Can you please keep it in English on the Anglophone forum please so as the other members can understand your post :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hello Kabayans.. It's been a year since I started this conversation. I am already settled here in Malaysia and have lot of friends, not only Pinoys but other nationalities as well. I am now connected to an organization of Filipinos here in KL called KL Pinoy. Our organization is a registered group and recognized by the Philippine Embassy here in KL. The group is open to all Filipinos here in Malaysia.

Which part of Selangor? There are lots of Pinoys in Cyberjaya and Petaling Jaya as well.

Hi Jolens,

There are some meet ups particularly in St John.. Liek us, we have gatherign every week.. most of us are filipino coming from different places. How long have you been here in KL?

Hi, I'm Nick from Malaysia and i am 30+ yrs old. Looking for new friends. Call me at 012-2066291 if you're cool to make new friends.
Regards.

Hi there,

hope you already settled here in Malaysia. :)

Hi jolens.. I'm also new here in kl..I'm also filipino.. I'm actually looking for a job.. I have a customer service background.. Can anyone help me? Do you know any call center that accepts foreign applicants?

Hi jolens.. I'm also new here in kl..I'm also filipino.. I'm actually looking for a job.. I have a customer service background.. Can anyone help me? Do you know any call center that accepts foreign applicants?

hi dear

Dear friends, my client looking for MySQL Database Administrator for 6 month contract. Location Cyberjaya. Salary RM4500. If interest please email your update cv to magihandran@gmail,com

i like fishing....can i join you ceaser

Just arrived here in KL last week. I am staying at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail or TTDI. I am a Filipino as well, and dont know anyone here.

Anyone whom ca be my friend here?

Hey guys! Jolens thanks for starting this thread. Im not new here in KL but I haven't been around. Hoping to meet fellow Filipinos here. Getting bored and I miss my social life already :)