Stay in Nairobi

Hi All, I am considering a job opportunity in Nairobi Kenya but need to assess the quality of life & safety. I would appreciate if you could help me with any relevant information.

Thanks & Cheers,
Vikas,
India.

Kenya is a very nice place to live and work. The living standard is quite high especially around the urban areas. A good life in Kenya is characterized by good investment or high level education. Its secure to invest and work in Kenya as there are minimal cases of insecurity. I will be available for any question.

Hi, For me, the quality of life surpasses the UK, considerably (I cant comment about India, having never been there).  The living standard is excellent, as long as you can pay for it, as rents are high, so you need to establish how much salary your job will give.  There are several posts on this site which give a cost breakdown, as Nairobi is not particularly cheap.

As for security, as with any large city, there can be cases of robbery etc.  You have to pay more attaention to personal security, than you might in the West and don't walk around wearing expensive watches, having mobile phones etc on show and be alert and aware of what is happening around you.  Aviod walking on the streets after dark and if you do go out take a car to/from the venue.  As for the recent, mall attack and grenade attacks, I think that the chances of being involved are very small.

In Kenya, you are more likely to suffer injury, or loss of life through a road accident, than for any other reason.

Hi Vikas,

This is Kishor saying a very GM to you.

I have been living in Nairobi [ 30 kms away from city centre ] since over a month and I find Kenya and Kenyans simply fascinating. Make friends with Kenyans and move with them you will feel safe and great.

While I may not be able to help you much with your job search, do mail me your cv at [email protected] to help me know you better.

My Kenya Cell No is +254 0727590158 - due to range/coverage of Safariciom, you can call me only between 8 am to 6pm [ Kenya time ] since there is no coverage at my residence.

Thanks and regards,

Kishor

hey kishor just saw your post and decided to text you,since I am also looking for a job as well and I am from Nairobi.hope you can help me find one.i would really appreciate.

thank you.

@ bhavisha22 > In which sector are you looking for a job please? Did you tried the Jobs in Nairobi section? It may help. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team