What do you know about Abdulazziz Int'l School? Al Rowad?

Looking to change schools - yet again!! - and would like input on Al Rowad Int'l and Abdulazziz Int'l Schools please.  Thanks.

Al- Rowad is a no no....have some colleagues whose children started at Al-Rowad, and they soon realised the education standard was poor also there was a lack of discipline in the school.

Im not sure about the Abdulaziz Intl.

In my colleagues case, they managed to get admission in Multi-National. I believe the school fees for British School and Multi-National are on the high side.

If you are still looking..

As i always said, you need to go and see. I went both. Rowad behind Euromarche, 2813003, and Abdulazis, very near King Abdulazis Rd. in Sulaimania area, 4738555. You will find the answer inmediately.
In the case the alternatives are too few, go and check Future Windows, back of KF Medical City, 2063324. I propose you this because it has similar fees than Alrowad, but maybe is your actual school now,:) idk.
Anyways, you need to speak with officials, ask for a tour inside the school and as you are doing now, look for another parent's experiences.
Wish you luck and pls let me know your final results.
Hope be useful

Well, adaptingksa, we are actually taking exam for Abdulazziz on Thursday, so, it has been decided by kids.  They like the way it looks, compared to other schools.  Closer to home than Al Rowad and inshallah its all good!

Thanks for your input.:)

Kingdom Schools 01/2735555  has just signed a management agreement with GEMS education (a world leader in education) and they have taken over the schools management and curriculum and they now have American Diploma and they are working on International baccalauréat degree. They are not too expensive I believe in the range of SR30,000 a year plus the school is amazing inside.

Good Luck

Thanks, Sheesha!

Are your kids going there? Do you like it? Abdulazziz uses the SABIS system that is such a big deal.  Maybe you are familiar with the Choueifat schools?  Well, looks like we will be there:)  Where is Kingdom School located?
Thanks, Sheesha!

North on King Abdulaziz Road past the ring road. Its right next to Kingdom Hospital and Kingdom Compound

I have never heard of the SABIS System but GEMS have an excellent reputation in the UAE

Good luck

rcknrobn6 wrote:

Thanks, Sheesha!

Are your kids going there? Do you like it? Abdulazziz uses the SABIS system that is such a big deal.  Maybe you are familiar with the Choueifat schools?  Well, looks like we will be there:)  Where is Kingdom School located?
Thanks, Sheesha!

Hi rcknrobn6
I've been investigating for so long, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to visit any of the schools since I'm not in SA yet:)  But this is what I've learned so far.
I've been warned about KAIS as there are a lot of disciplinary issues and behavior problems, so beware! 
There is King Saud or SIS that offers extracurricular activities...their curriculum is as follows: Grades 1–5: Western Australian/American curriculum. Grades 6–12: British IGCSE.  However, there are complaints that they have low Educational standards...when hiring, the administration is more concerned with a teacher's nationality and ability to speak English not qualifications as a teacher :(
All I know about the Multinational is that they use Australian curriculum which I'm clueless about.  Maybe someone else can shed light on this for both of us.:unsure
I've heard good things about The Learning Caravan, but it's a small school that only has up to 5th or 6th grade.  I'm not sure what school-age you're looking at!

SHEESHA:  SABIS(or THE CHOUEIFAT Schools) are also major in UAE (from where we've just moved:(  and GEMS' major drawback is their college tuition level fees!

AMEGY:  Abdulazziz was the lesser of a FEW evils.  My kids immediately liked the atmosphere upon entering and wanted to be there.  ANY school my kids say they want to be, THATS where we're going.  As a matter of fact, they are taking the entrance exams as we speak.  Frankly, trying to find a 100% western-style school in Saudi is futile, unless you are willing to pay the outrageous fees they ask for sub-standard education in the guise of American/British/Australian or whatever curriculum.

And, I am ok with that, but, kids, are a different story.  Vive la difference, is my motto!!
Thanks!!

rcknrobn6, back to your original post...which school are you deserting and why? :)

And, best of luck to the kids on their entrance exams.  At least, they made it easy on you to pick Abdulazziz.  Like you said, the school they like is the school they should be attending.  Wish them all the best.

Oh, amegy, I don't know that I should mention the school we are leaving, but, I will say that the kids were disgusted by the bathrooms, for one.  My 8th grader even took a pic of it on his phone to show me!!!  Can you say, "EEEWWWWW?"   I told them to tell the teachers, since schools usually have janitors for these reasons, but teachers said nothing they could do!  Soooo, kids running thru the door(home) straight to the bathrooms because of course, they refused to use the school facilities.  'NUF said!!

If you don't mind PM me the name PLEASE lol!

Hello,
How is your experience with king Abdul Aziz school??
I'm moving to riyadh in may 2014 and was considering this school for my boy age 11.
Your experience will help me in decision making.

Thanks
Nazish

Hi Nazish,

Please note that this is an old thread ( 2011) but i hope that other members will reply you.

However, i think that if you can create a new topic on the Riyadh forum with all your questions will really help you, and you will get more specific answers. ;)

Wish you all the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team