Attending Live and Invest in Panama on January 28-30,2014

Hi All,

We are attending the Lief Simon and Kathleen Peddicord Live and Invest In Panama Conference in Panama City in a few weeks.t is an exciting adventure, getting clothes together and anticipating what we will encounter while there!
If anyone else ism going to the Conference, I would appreciate having a conversation with you by email. Hope we see you there! Thanks! :)

Gail Norris

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm not sure if you will find the "real" Panama at a conference like this. You are paying a boatload of money to a business that wants to sell you something. Do NOT buy any property until you have lived here for at least a year. Do your own homework and visit likely places on your own before you make any decisions. Of course they are going to paint you a rosy picture of life here and gloss over the challenges because they want to sell to you. I'd hate for you to make a decision you will regret.

Have you visited Panama before? I hope so, and on your own, so you know how it feels here to you. This doesn't work for everyone, and there are expats returning to the US every day because it wasn't what they thought it would be. Many of them were sucked in by the hype of this organization.

Do not buy anything. Do your own homework. Just because I think living here is a fantastic experience doesn't mean you will feel the same. Best of luck. Don't buy anything

Kris

JayGeeNo wrote:

Hi All,

We are attending the Lief Simon and Kathleen Peddicord Live and Invest In Panama Conference in Panama City in a few weeks.t is an exciting adventure, getting clothes together and anticipating what we will encounter while there!
If anyone else ism going to the Conference, I would appreciate having a conversation with you by email. Hope we see you there! Thanks! :)

Gail Norris

Hi Kris,
Thanks for your response

Thanks again kristc99. We have been to Panama previously. I still have some concerns, but my husband was ready to go yesterday. I lean more toward the higher elevations, don't really like high humidity. He loves humidity and beach living. We are aware of then type of hype that conferences provide. We just want to get as broad a picture from many different prospectives. Our eyes are open, we are studying Spanish, we will spend a few weeks in Panama before making a firm decision  If we go through with the move, we will rent for a year before ever making a buy commitment. We have already done much homework and this conference is only a small piece of it.

What part of Panama do you like best? What is the biggest challenge you face? How long have you lived in Panama? Would you ever consider leaving? Are you from the US? I do not mean to be nosy, just curious. I'm interested in dialogue and diverse opinions. Thanks. JayGeeNo