Hotel near airport

I've tried the search function, also hotels.com and expedia, without success.

I will be arriving late (about 1am) and am thinking of spending the night there instead of coming into Quito and making my new (short-term) landlady meet me with the keys at 3am or so.

I've heard there's nothing near the new airport, but what about taking a taxi to the old airport and spending the night there? I don't need anything fancy, just a clean bed, a door that locks, and enough quiet that I can get a few hours sleep. Any suggestions?

Bob

If I were to stay at a hotel near Quito airport, I would stay here..  Primarily because I stayed at his hotel in Guayaquil when he still was part owner and manager and enjoyed my stay.  If Dom is around, he is a good guy to shoot the bull with.

Thanks, Nards. Looks like it will fit my needs quite well.

Bob,
There are no hotels near the new airport. One option could be to take the bus from the new airport to the old airport, I think it is $6.00. From there you could go to a Hostel or Hotel as you desire.

Nards Barley wrote:

If I were to stay at a hotel near Quito airport, I would stay here..  Primarily because I stayed at his hotel in Guayaquil when he still was part owner and manager and enjoyed my stay.  If Dom is around, he is a good guy to shoot the bull with.

My wife and I stayed there back in June and found it to be very clean and adequate. I agree that Dom is really a good guy and very intelligent. I recommend this place highly.
It's only about 5 min from the airport and they will arrange for pick up if you contact them ahead of time.

If you query Hotels near the new Quito Airport, you will see the one that Nards is talking about, it is a very nice hotel.

Thanks, everybody. I've changed plans, and will be going straight into Quito that night (or morning).

I don't know if you've tried it, but I used Booking.com all over Ecuador including Quito and the coast. They have a ton of listings for all kinds of accommodations from flophouses to 5 star hotels and everything in between. It worked perfectly for me and I never had a single problem.

Give a look.

http://www.booking.com/

Thanks, never heard of it, but I'll give it a try next time I need a hotel. I've always used hotels.com or agoda.com (which is especially good in Asia, maybe because it's based in Thailand).

Bob, I go there 1x month because my father lives in Manta. He's retired and 75. I have stayed in everything from the Sheraton Downtown to the Inn of Quito. I personally recommend the hosteriasancarlos. It's not the best but its convenient. After a late flight from ATL, DFW, MIA or IAH, you arrive close to midnight. This place is a 10 min ride. They have signage and will meet you after you clear customs. Ask for Juan or Sebastian. As most folks know, they built a minimall across the street from the terminal and some people have been crashing there for 6 hrs until the moring Cuenca, Loja, Galapagos or Manta flights depart. It's safe but sometimes you want a bed. I will be there again on 10th of Feb. Let me know.