Work permit and medical

Salaam everyone in Libya.
I am a US citizen who is in the prospect of a new teaching ESL job for 4 months.

I plan to stay in Libya for only 4 months.

I have a ( HIV) but is FULLY MANAGED and monitored by my doctor. I plan to have my medicine sent to me by express mail.   Do you think I can avoid being tested ( I know a positive result means expulsion from the country) since I will stay only 4 months?   I look for some of your HONEST AND GOOD advice before finally accepting this job
THANKS

:) hey
i guess now it is not necessary in teaching i know you must medical test just in oil companies .. i guess

thanks!!

euhhh sorry but medical tests ARE needed for ESL teachers as well. I'm currently teaching English in Uni in Libya and a recent medical certificate from Libya is compulsory. Medical certificates from other countries are not always accepted. Of course there may be exception in the uni you applied in but as a rule medical certificates are necessary

Salaam Jameela
Thank you for your message.
Will I need to present the certificate immediately upon arrival , or blood tests done within my four month visit?
Is it possible to just work for 4 months on a Business visa?  ( 3 months and extend it for an extra month)

In your opinion, What are the chances of me getting discovered, and the chances of me falling through the cracks and getting away- It is jut for 4 months! 
( how much is a bribe to pay?)

THANKS SO VERY MUCH

Goodfeeling,

I don't know the exact way the law is enforced everywhere, in Libya, things tends to be implemented in many different ways by different people (yes it IS chaos) but from my experience, you will be asked to go and get a medical certificate pretty much as soon as you start work. As they accept only Libyan certificates you'll need to present yourself to the nearest hospital (or the one they indicate) to have a health check done. This involves a blood sample. Results can take anything from a few days to many months (again this is Libya).

It is very hard to give you an answer as to whether you will be discovered or not but i would venture a guess and say chances are very high. Libya is very strict on certain things and if they find you have one of the diseases on their list, they will not be happy. What exactly will they do? i don't know as i have never met anyone in that case but you've read the previous comments and it sounds like they'll fire you and ask you to leave the country.

Regarding visas, here again i'm not sure, and i think that passing the medical certificate obstacle will be harder than visa issues. You mention bribing, be careful, since the end of the revolution, it is not acceptable everywhere now so be aware that you may offend some people by offering a bribe which obviously will not help your case.

Maybe it's not my place to give my opinion so feel free to ignore this but it seems to me that you are facing LOADS of problems for a small 4 months contract! Is it really worth putting you through all this for 4 months of work if you don't intend to stay in Libya?

Anyway i hope you can do what you want in the end... in Libya or elsewhere.