Bringing dogs in Luanda

Originally from Germany I have been living in the USA for many years. We are considering accepting a project for a US based company in Luanda/Angola. Can anyone give me more information on pets also? We would like to bring our four dogs (all rescues) to Luanda. They will be accompanying us on the same flight. Can I get them right away upon landing? I do know about the paperwork, I am more worried about them not being handled correctly. What about veterinarians? Grooming? Boarding? What boarding possibilities do we have if we go on vacation?

Hello Anke1.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more visibility, a new thread has been created on the Luanda forum from your message.

Hope you'll get some useful informations from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Anke,

Did you ever received an useful advice? I am in the same position now. They reject to issue my import permission for my little rottweiler. Very sad story. I am a german coming from Nigeria now.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi, we brought our dog here in 2011, and its been great. It depends on your specific airline, but they will bring your dogs to the baggage claim area when you land. There are vets and grooming here, at Casa dos Animais. I haven't used or heard of any boarding facilities, but usually fellow expats are happy to help care for your pets when you go on holiday.

Dear Kjh,

Thanks your answer :) The only problem I have is that the Ministry of Agriculture reject to issue my import license and I am already here. My little dog will fly unaccompanied then and I'll wait for him at the airport. What breed do you have? Thanks for the nice tips.

Cheers,
Andreas

(Moderated: Please register on the Luanda business directory)