Researching Ecuador online?

If you are having troubles researching the information you are looking for about life or living in Ecuador.  My new blog post offers a few tips to help streamline things for you. 

It is non-biased and vendor independent so you wonŽt be sold anything by reading this.  I just thought people who are searching about life here should have the facts, and the most accurate information, so here are some tips on how to find it.

Read here:

http://www.themiddleoftheworldecuador.b … nline.html

You always give spot on advice. I really like the tips about restricting a google search to results from the past year and about taking time to do every day activities instead of just tourist activities. I'd also recommend getting off the gringo trail. Visit some places that are not tourist destinations, visit small towns, and places where you might be the only gringo.

Jesse,

Thank you and I agree with your response.  Please add that as a comment under the blog post so people can have that added information!

Thanks for the tip on searching within a specific time period.

That will be very useful whether I'm investigating Ecuador or shopping for an antique automobile [or a hot date?]

Hope all is well down south.  It's WAY too cold here in the states, even in the balmy NW.

Carlos  aka "ElGringoBueno"  :cool:

PS  I've been away from the blog for awhile and miss the photos and interesting comments and experiences of those who've made the move ...  However, can't say I miss the trolls :joking:

GringoBueno wrote:

Thanks for the tip on searching within a specific time period.

That will be very useful whether I'm investigating Ecuador or shopping for an antique automobile [or a hot date?]

Hope all is well down south.  It's WAY too cold here in the states, even in the balmy NW.

Carlos  aka "ElGringoBueno"  :cool:

PS  I've been away from the blog for awhile and miss the photos and interesting comments and experiences of those who've made the move ...  However, can't say I miss the trolls :joking:

And we will miss you, Carlos, since you have been banned.  Wonder what took so long.

Hello.  I'm from Vancouver.   I have decided to move to Cuenca.  :)  I'm very excited.  :)  I have lived in Thailand, Japan, the Philippines and the U.S. for 2 years each and have learned that I definitely like to live in a modern style condo in a very nice neighbourhood , rent a scooter to explore, and be close by a gym (and shopping centre...?)
I definitely don't need or want to live in a western style country but the condo and a "nice" neighbourhood is essential.
The problem is that I don't know which neighbourhood this may be in Cuenca.  I know that I would love to get to know my Ecuadorian neighbours but all day roosters and dogs barking is not doable for me.   :(
I will probably stay in a hotel in El Centro for the 1st 2 weeks while I look around and gauge whether the weather is too cool or rainy for me. 
I may end up near Salinas/Libertad if it affordable for me???  I know it would be great to live on the ocean and the infrastructure is also very good and the weather is perfect.
Any tips would be great so as to give me a head-start before I get there.

Thanks and Happy New Years!

Matt