Medical Cert/Test

I have just secured a Consultant Job with a Libyan Oil Company.
Could someone advice on the type of medical test that is usually done on arrival in Libya.
Does the test include Hepatitis A, B, and C?
I have Hepatitis B, and I am worried?

HIV
TB
Hep A

I asked what tests were done and got a very vague response, all I could see on the test form was "Hep" - it didn't say whether A, B, C or all of them.

I was told just HIV and TB were being checked :rolleyes:

I pray so!
Thanks.
I shall appreciate additional/other information on this from members

I should be glad if you could assist me with your professional advice on the issue below:

I am a British Resident, and I have just secured a Consultant Position in one of the Libyan Oil Companies. Part of my Employment Agreements indicate that based on Libya law, I would need to undergo medical examination once I arrived in Libya.

Please, could you please advice what this medical examination entails, does it include Hepatitis B; I have Hepatitis B, does this stand against me.

I shall be looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Hi Geoff

I am working for a petroleum company too we were the department deals with the medical checks as the company's clinic is one of the HSE sections, anyway, if the test is going to be made by the 11th of June Medical Center, which NOC is a parent co, they do a thorough medical investigation. I believe that having Hep B is not something to worry about I am sure you will have the job.

I hope you the very best

regards

Jeff,

I was curious to know what ever happened with your medical tests, did you find out whether or not you can still be obtaining work permit and residence visa in Libya as an HBV carrier?

I would appreciate any feedback. thanks

Geo_Jeff wrote:

I should be glad if you could assist me with your professional advice on the issue below:

I am a British Resident, and I have just secured a Consultant Position in one of the Libyan Oil Companies. Part of my Employment Agreements indicate that based on Libya law, I would need to undergo medical examination once I arrived in Libya.

Please, could you please advice what this medical examination entails, does it include Hepatitis B; I have Hepatitis B, does this stand against me.

I shall be looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Geo_Jeff wrote:

Could someone advice on the type of medical test that is usually done on arrival in Libya.

Sorry, but you have every reason to be worried. If you are working for an IOC you will be required to undertake a full medical in which case it will be discovered immediately.
If it is an NOC Company then the medical may not be necessary however it could be picked up in the blood test for the residence visa. You will be terminated immediately if discovered, I know this because I lost a consultant with an NOC Co. a while back for having Hep B.

I reseached Hep B quite a bit at the time to try and convince the client that he was perfectly safe but my argument fell on deaf ears.

Good luck.

Edit:
Didn't realise that this was such an old thread. I hope he made it.

Flasher wrote:
Geo_Jeff wrote:

Sorry, but you have every reason to be worried. If you are working for an IOC you will be required to undertake a full medical in which case it will be discovered immediately.
If it is an NOC Company then the medical may not be necessary however it could be picked up in the blood test for the residence visa. You will be terminated immediately if discovered, I know this because I lost a consultant with an NOC Co. a while back for having Hep B.

I reseached Hep B quite a bit at the time to try and convince the client that he was perfectly safe but my argument fell on deaf ears.

Good luck.

Edit:

I work for an NOC company mate, and they do check for Hep B as well prior to you coming out here, I had my medical done in Harley Street no less :P

\Clansman, are you Consultant of Staff though ?

Flasher wrote:

\Clansman, are you Consultant of Staff though ?

Staff mate, resident in Tripoli.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this information. I have a couple of questions though,

1- What is the difference between IOC and NOC?

2- As a Healthy HBV carrier can you still be given residence permit? despite the fact that you will not be employed by certain companies? How does libya case compare to countries like United Arab Emirates for example where an HBV carrier is denied work and visa residence and is deported immediately upon verifying his blood tests.

thnaks

Flasher wrote:
Geo_Jeff wrote:

Good luck.

Edit:

Hi

Please be aware that blood test for expats in Libya include also hepatitis B, I have done medical test in 2008.