Verification. Scam or what?

Hi guys,

I would like to ask your opinion.

I am currently in the process for a position in a hotel in london.

I am not sure about the procedures back there but i would like to check.

Is there anyone know about the hiring process for foreign workers and the timeline for all requirements.

My papers are being forwarded to an agency and i dont know if ots a scam or what.

Are you living in England on a spouse visa? If so you have the right to work and the employer doesn't have to do anything special.
If not, what is the job exactly?

Cafe manager. Nope im in singapore at the moment. They refer me to a travel agent to assist the visa etc.  i will still submit the req and see if they will ask for money.

What was the agency you contacted, have they got a website, and have they promised some kind of unrealistic salary ?

I have not emailed the agency yet. The salary is ok. 2,100/ month w accomodations etc.

I'll let u know when they replied.

I just wanted to secure its not a scam or what coz alot of time will be wasted.

It's impossible to get a work visa to be a cafe manager - the employer would have to prove he could not find anyone suitable in the whole of the European Union. This is certain to be a scam. You can report it here: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

Thanks mate for the heads up.

As julien said. Its not very straight forward to get work permit but if your speciality is some south asian food etc then may be there is chance. But you have to be very careful.
Some time companies use inter company transfer which is relatively easy.
Also is this salary net or gross. Usually in permanent salaries in uk is on yearly basis