How would you vote?

A recent survey of expats in Brazil showed that 57% of them would go back home, if given the choice.

How would you vote?

This finding is not at all surprising, it is however a big change from even 5 years ago when the vast majority if asked the same question wouldn't hesitated to say that they'd stay in Brazil.

Wouldn't go back home, but look for another country.  More itchy feet than anything.

I'd be gone before you could even collect my vote. And, I wouldn't look back! :D

I would vote to stay in Brazil if I could be legalized, and have a great job here in Brazil. I like São Paulo, the beaches, the weather, the cheap healthy food, some people are fairly friendly, and the cultural events in São Paulo are fantastic.

If I was physically able to fly, which I no longer am able to do, and if my Brazilian wife and son would come with me I'd be gone from here in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, that simply isn't going to happen for me.

Given my 4+ year ordeal trying to get permanency has gone nowhere, now I'm going to stay here, without any further attempts to do it the "official" way, because that's useless. I'm going to stay here just to shove it up their noses, because legally I don't even need their "permission" to remain in this country permanently.