ARRIVAL IN LIVERPOOL

Hello !

We are a couple. We will live largely in Liverpool for a contract of 3 years of my friend, researcher in math at the university.

For my part, I remain connected to work in Saint-Malo in France, I am a painter.

We will arrive in January 2014, we will pick an apartment in November and, now, we are looking for contacts for advice on Liverpool.

We want to live near the university in the center of Liverpool, but are these central areas affordable?

We are looking for a furnished apartment, do you have any advice for us?

Thank you ! :)

Hi FRENCHIES35,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your post was moved to the Liverpool forum for better visibility and interaction.

I suggest you to read the article of the Accommodation Guide in the UK, this might help you find some more helpful information. Thank you! ;)

Thank you,

David.

Hi,
we are a family and chose to live in a residential area close to bigger parks and a bit farther from the University. Maybe for a young couple the area close to the university is fine, but I think that if you get closer to Liverpool one there is a lot of night life and you could enjoy it.

To get an idea of prices and apartments you can check some of the letting agencies websites like zoopla, rightmove, moveresidential... Consider that sometimes it might be cheaper to rent an empty flat and then buy cheap (but new!!) furniture at Ikea or other shops. Remember also that in addition to your rent you will need to pay the council tax, and the price depends from the area where you live (more details here http://liverpool.gov.uk/council-tax/). You could also consider to come for a couple of weeks in a temporary accommodation to look around what area you like best.

Good luck!

Elisa

Ciao Elisa, approfitto ancora della tua disponibilita' per chiederti alcune cose.
a gennaio vengo con la mia famiglia(marito e bimbo di 4 anni) per una settimana di "vacanza" a liverpool.
ho messo vacanza tra virgolette perche' abbiamo intenzione di visitare con attenzione la citta' e di portare curriculum, soprattutto di mio marito, che e' un insegnante di basso e chitarra,  nei job centre.
appena troviamo possibilita' di lavoro, ci daremo daffare con la lingua e ci trasferiremo.
sai per caso dove possiamo trovare job centre in centro oppure nella zona di Kirkby, dove abbiamo il b&b?
ultima domanda, com'e il clima a gennaio?
grazie mille
buona serata
Silvia

Hi Silvia,

Please post in English only on the Anglophone section of the Liverpool forum.

I suggest you to post in Italian on the Italian speaking section on the Forum Liverpool. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hi,

Thank you elisir74 for your detailed answer!
This informations will be very helpfull for us.

Warm regards.

hi.

if you ever fancy a coffee just give me a shout i am hoping to go travelling to France next year and any info on best places would be great :)

gill

Welcome to Liverpool.
Je parle français et j'aimerai le pratiquer avec vous.
Surtout parce que je suis une artiste aussi  et j'aime peindre tableaux…
Pour le moment je suis une étudiante de Beaux Arts dans l'Université de John Moores.
BONNE ANNEE !