Any Texans in Greece?

I am in Thessaloníki Looking for Texans, in reality will take anyone who speaks English!! hahah

Hello TexasTed, welcome to Expat.com :)
You might want to check out the Network of Americans in Greece for Texans!
Good luck
Arlette

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

Hola, I live in Athens. As the matter of fact, I'm planning to get out of this country ASAP. Just wanna say "Howdy" to another Texan! LOL!

Well Howdy right back at Ya!!!!! you returning to the Lone Star State for Good?

No senor, but I do miss having Mexican (technically "Tex-Mex") food for lunch and dinner. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Mexicano-Americano. Anyway, I'm not moving back to TX or the US, and let's get leave it that way. Never thought the smell of browning ground beef on a skillet could be so nostalgic. BTW, you didn't have a longhorn bumper sticker on your pickup/SUV, did you? LOL, just checking.

Oh... Never mind, just read your profile. Beaumont, TX. It's possible that you're an AGGIE!

hahaha not a little t little u kinda guy!!!! i am an Aggie at heart, but i went to UNT in Denton

i know what you mean about some good Tex-Mex!!!! i am in the latter stages of withdrawal!!! it is so bad i am craving taco bell daily!!!

i hope you have a great Thanksgiving

UNT. They have a great music program, really wish I had gone there for my undergrad though.

Go fix yourself some chicken quesadillas, and that's what I do occasionally when I pass by a Carrefour and pick up some El Sabor flour tortillas. I really want some quacamole but avocados are just so darn expensive here. I used to get 3 small avocados for a buck at HEB. Anyway, I never really like Taco Bell that much, no yo quiero Taco Bell. When they finally opened a Taco Bueno in my town, I quit Taco Bell completely. Geez, don't know how you got me start talking about food. Gosh, I should go eat something. Wish there were a Whataburger here!!!

BTW, are people a lot nicer in Saloniki? i einai mono stin fantasia mou; I detest living in Athens, I keep telling myself that I'm done with cities.

Well, you have a nice Thanksgiving too! I'm just gonna have another "Facebook Thanksgiving" by reading what my friends are up to on Thanksgiving Day.

Off Topic somewhat... :P but I miss KRAFT DINNER lol! Found it in some supermarket here but costs over 3 euros A BOX!
Guess time to get my friends to mail me the Cheese mix envelopes:P

Oh, I miss Greece! I lived in Siviri, about an hour from you,  for 3 years before coming to Sicilia. I am returning in May for a few weeks if you would care to meet up.

Not Texan, but American...here on a Fulbright Scholarship and return to the States in June. Hope to keep coming back at least once a year...

One less Texan in Greece. I left Greece two years ago, although I'm no where near TX. Still, YAY!!!!!!

Not from texas but also american. Been living here a while now. Really miss talking to someone from back home.

Ted, the wife and kids and I are planning on moving there in june 2014. If you are still there you have a south east Texan (me) and a central Texan (my wife) to hang out with.

Hello Ted,

I lived in El Paso and own a house.  I am now living in Thessaloniki and retired.  I retired from the U.S. Army and a contractor.  What are you up too?  I hoped that you had a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Years.  I have a Greek wife and two twin 10 years old girls.

Herb