Expat Women

Hi

Just wanted to put something up on here if you are going to be moving or thinking of moving Kazakhstan Almaty. As an expat woman when I found out that I was moving to Kazkhstan my first reaction was, where? After going on google map and answering my first question, I wanted to find out more.My first major worries were schools as I have a young son I wanted to find a school that he would settle into and easily. My husband is teaching at Haileybury Almaty which is a fantastic school (of course i am going to say that) but does not offer a facility for younger children. I found Green Hills British Kindergarten which is a fantastic kindergarten, that follows the british curriculum and has all british qualified teachers, my son loved and cant say enough good things about it, it also has an added bonus, that feeds straight into Haileybury so it takes away some stress of moving schools.
Regarding living here, I love it, it is a very easy way of life and there are a lot of expats here, I would advise joining international womens club as they provide a lot of information about what is going on. There are lots of fantastic things to do at the weekend and if you like skiing then you will never want to leave there is also a brilliant ski school for the little omes so you can enjoy the slopes.

If you have any questions i would be happy to help and soothe the nerves.

Thanks

Hi expatwife3, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for sharing with us.

All the best,
Christine

Hi there
Our family are considering a move to Almaty - to work at Haileybury too -  firstly just wanted to ask if you are still there.
Thanks
Susan

Hi Susan,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on old thread,

For better visibility, I invite you to start a new discussion on the Almaty forum with all your questions.

I am sure the members will provide you with useful information very soon.

Happy New Year and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team