A few questions about living in Aberdeen.

Hello everyone. My name is Nikos and im planning to move to Aberdeen in a few months to work as a nurse.

I would like to ask some questions about the costs of living in Aberdeen aswell as the daily life there, the nightlife, how foreigners are treated and any information that would help in a situation like mine.

Thanks in advance! :)

What kind of questions do you have? I'm an American, and I've been here about 5 months. The cost of living is pretty high here, and the housing market is very competitive IF there is anything available. Prepare to dress in layers and always with a hood because you never know when it will rain/snow/sleet. In my experience, people have been very friendly. You can easily get fresh foods and local products. Clothes and shoes are expensive. The city is very dog friendly. You'll often see dogs waiting outside of shops for their owners. People walk just about everywhere here and take their own shopping bags to markets. I don't know what kind of nightlife you like but there are lots of pubs that are really nice (and some that aren't). Good luck! I wish you the best.

Hi Nikos, I've recently moved to Aberdeen and have found that people here are very welcoming and friendly. Cost of living is in line with the city being an oil and gas hub, so can be considered expensive.

The bus network seems quite good, if you don't have a car, and isn't too expensive.

Good luck with the move! :)

Hi I personally wouldn't move there if I was you I currently live and work here but moving back to England in a month or so it's over priced dull the kids are mainly chavs. Biggest mistake I have ever made moving to this he'll hole