Possible for foreigner to lease an hotel and run an hotel?

Does anybody know if it is possible for a foreigner to lease a hotel and run a hotel?

in peru or in paraguay ?

Hi bondy1,

Can you please give more about the hotel location, the type of lease, and so on. That might help us get you information you are looking for.

Thank you,

David.

sorry, I was thinking to lease something in Peru (Lima center or Miraflores) or Chile (Santiago) with more then 40 rooms. Thanks

its possible, you will have to create a company to act as a veicule to sign the lease etc.
Doing so in your own individual name will force you to be probably a resident, and you probably will be asked for banks statements and letter to proove warantys.

Do you have any link of a trustwordy real estate agent where can i get any hotel option?

Hello,
I of course have several questions:
1. you are a foreigner, what country
2. do you have an income that's reportable of 1000 a month coming from an out of country (Peru) source that is documentable?
3. leasing is harder but possible, however I doubt you can get anything larger then 10-15 rooms usually called a Hostel.
4. It might be possible to buy something in the north or by the jungle
5. you need to form a corp with a Lawyer.
have the corp buy or lease the hotel business. but do not buy or lease just a company as you could find you have a company with out any property.
6. I am currently looking for Hotels to buy.
lima area would cost you a large premium and would be hard to break even unless you have major money to back you. I know of several hotels you can buy for less then 500,000. send me a email if you need my help.

Paul

Might be easier to get a job as a hotel manager, then obtain a carnet de extranjeria, your employement will suffice as one of the requirements for residency.

If you want more freedom an independence and perhaps the possibly to make money on a future sale, then like the other person said, buy your hostel.  You could do that with cash and a passport, but you would have the problem of how long you can stay as a tourist, thus the need to form a corporation pay taxes, get residency etc. this is a  big hassel and costs money.

as of last year the rules of residency have changed some what. in order to qualify as a resident all you have to show is income of 1000 dollars a month from a out of country (peru) source. if you have residency then you can enter contracts, buy and sell property and live in peru without a visa. I hope that this clears up some issues. I am always looking for a partner for a hotel if anyone is interested.

Paul

Is there any other barrio in Lima which is interesting besides Miraflores? How secure is center

Any body interested to do a hotal pathner ship business here in Bhutan.

@tandin - pls note that you can post an advert in the Business partners classifieds in Bhutan section :)