Cost of living in windhoek

These are the approximate prices of everyday life items and services. It all depends on the places but i took out the cheapest ones.
Dstv full bouquet NAD 590 (USD 73.75)
guesthouse (per night) NAD 625 (USD78.12)

Restaurant meal(main course with drinks and dessert for 1 person) NAD 300 (USD 37.5)

taxi fare NAD 9 (USD 1.12) in distant places the price doubles.

Internet unlimited package NAD 950 (USD 118.75)

A Simple Laptop NAD 4900 (USD 612.5) i advise you to buy it in your country as these stuff are expensive here. The same as cellphones.

Airport shuttle per person NAD 140 (USD 17.5)

Petrol p. Liter NAD 10.50 (USD 1.31)

University fees are expensive because you pay per subject and depends on the course.

Food are very expensive because MOST of it is imported from south africa and Germany. The same with furniture,electronics, cars...

Housing price are expensive it can be anything from NAD 1 million   +

Renting is also becoming expensive a 2 bedroom apartment can cost you NAD 5000(USD 625) per month. That's when sharing comes handy.

Gym sign up fee NAD 300 + (USD 37.5 +)

Try to rent a house which water and electricity bill is included in the rent fee.
Apartment in town can be expensive.

Hello Hericles,

Thank you for sharing ;)

Melissa

You can add today 15% of all costs. Especially food. Namibain, South African or European. It's a inflated.

Hi thisislife,

Again thank you for the sharing of information please note that this discussion is a bit old :)

Feel free to start a new thread on the Namibia Forum with all your questions or any information you would like to share please :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Expensive! What is the average yearly salary there in Windhoek??
Thanks,
Mike in Canada

Hi Mike from Canada,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

For better visibility and to obtain more answers, I suggest you to start a new discussion as from your post on the Namibia forum.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team