Looking for a contact for an accountant to prepare Canadian taxes

Good morning:
Could anyone provide us with the contact information for an accountant to prepare Canadian taxes?
We just came back from another trip to Panama and we are completely sure that we want to move in the next few months. We will have to go through all the preliminary steps and we need to figure out how we can continue to prepare our Canadian  taxes while in Panama ( as we plan to receive a pension). We would appreciate the guidance from any Canadian expats in regards to how you resolved correspondence issues, mail, money transfers, etc.
In addition, we wanted to find out how we will get local bills if there is no mail services. We look forward to your feedback.
Many thanks,
John & Amira

Ahh excellent, you did start you own thread on this. I replied on the other one too

We're from the US, but I do the taxes on line with TaxAct. Or, maybe you and your accountant can do things by email, skype phone, or other communication?
We do banking and bill paying on line with our US accounts. We shop with credit cards, or cash from an ATM (from our US accounts)
My mail goes to my daughter's house where she can check for anything important, and scan/email it to us as needed.
For something that has to be mailed here, you can use a mailing service like Mailboxes Etc. It costs a bit and takes 1-3 weeks, but things do get back and forth OK.
Local bills (water and electricity) are brought by a courier and left in our front gate. We have an arrangement with the cable/internet company to bill monthly to my credit card.
Both of my daughters have power of attorney so they can do business on our behalf if necessary. We also got this apostled so it's legal in Panama in case of emergency.

Hope that helps a bit. Maybe you could also put this on a new thread so anyone not interested in elder care won't click on by.

Kris

John & Amira wrote:

Good morning:
Could anyone provide us with the contact information for an accountant to prepare Canadian taxes?
We just came back from another trip to Panama and we are completely sure that we want to move in the next few months. We will have to go through all the preliminary steps and we need to figure out how we can continue to prepare our Canadian  taxes while in Panama ( as we plan to receive a pension). We would appreciate the guidance from any Canadian expats in regards to how you resolved correspondence issues, mail, money transfers, etc.
In addition, we wanted to find out how we will get local bills if there is no mail services. We look forward to your feedback.
Many thanks,
John & Amira

Hi Kris:
We hope you had a nice Christmas! Thank you again for always providing helpful information and sharing your experience.
This certainly takes away some of our concerns and simplifies things for us. You are right we do have access to a lot of technology these days.
Best wishes for the New Year!
We hope to be  in Panama in 2014!
Warm regards,
John & Amira

You're very welcome.
We had a great Christmas - fiestas, fireworks, friends, and lots of fun. Next year you will be here to experience your first Panamanian Christmas!