Discover the new expat blog

Hi everyone,

as you can notice, we've released a new version of the Expat.com. Of course we'll all need a few days to get used to it.

Why these changes ?

You can read the official announcement here :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=327061

The main improvement is that Expat.com is now optimized for mobiles and tablets. Have you already tried browsing Expat.com on your mobile ?

Of course everything is not perfect, we've already identified issues on IE, we will release our fist fixes tomorrow, and will improve the website little by little. Should you notice any bug or issue, please do not hesitate to post on the "help us to improve the website" forum

The team and I hope you will little by little discover the improvements we've made and that you will appreciate them.

So far, what do you think about this new version ?

Sincerely yours,

Julien

ShouldnŽt sort order of threads be newest comment first. I briefly opened a thread on my tablet and had to scroll down to read latest thread.

Julien wrote:

The team and I hope you will little by little discover the improvements we've made and that you will appreciate them.

So far, what do you think about this new version ?

I like it - more professional, not as cluttered - looks good!  It always takes time to get used to a new format.  The only things I'd do is increase the font size and make the dotted line between topics a little bolder.

@ Nards Barley and LeftClique: Please feel free to post your suggestions on the forum Help us improve the website :)

Nards Barley > I think we'll propose this option in the profile settings. We just have to fix bugs at the moment, then we'll work on improvements such as the one you propose (thanks!)

thanks LeftClique for your suggestions

Hello Julien,
I am starting to be more comfortable navigating the new web design. One thing I find problematic is in the area of Private Messages. I can not delete old ones. It automatically goes to a page that states: Page can't be found .
Is this just a hiccup in the new design, or am I missing something?
Thanks,
ZenSPIKE
Ps. oops.... maybe I should have addressed this to the " let us help improve " topic. My bad.

Hi ZenSPIKE,

thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the "page not found", that's a bug :-/ thanks, we'll fix it asap.

We'll also soon improve the pm system

Thanks for your response Julien.
We all realize that this takes a lot of effort on your part to keep this forum going, and appreciate you and your staffs efforts.
Happy New Year!!!!
Neil