A few questions

On Cabarete bay beach how many pesos should we pay for 2 loungers and an umbrella for the day?

Is it best to take metro or Caribe from Sosua to Santiago?  When does it leave sosua?  Last bus back from Santiago back to Sosua?  How many pesos/pp round trip?

Best place to buy fresh pescado?

gracias

Hey guys hope you are doing well
Here are some answers for you:
1. Beach chairs; two chairs and an umbrella should be no more than 200 pesos (maybe can get them for 150 if bargain hard). Once you have a place and are happy with the beach/chair guy use him all the time. Avoids hassles and he will treat you right.  There are some bars/restaurants (Kahuna's for one) that will let you use the chairs and umbrellas for free if you eat and drink in their establishment

2.Metro is quicker, nicer, and leaves from Sosua (Texaco station) rather than Charimicos. Here is the web site http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/index.php/horarios easy to read the schedule. Note that there are far fewer buses with Metro but still our favorite.  Cost is about $10 round trip.  Here is the Caribe web site http://www.caribetours.com.do/

3. For Fresh fish there used to be a place next to Janet's but not sure it is still there. I usually buy it from the guy walking around sosua almost every morning .

Hope this helps and have a great new year's

BobK

thanks Bob...cheers

You are welcome.  Have a great New Year's

Bob K

u2 Bob...um...sorry...another quick question...per person to take a gua gua from Cabarete to Susua...40pesos/pp one-way? or is it 50?
thx

Last I heard it was 40

Bob K

Bob you are awesome!

thanks again

Diane you are making me blush :)

Bob K

I've been told that the prices of gua guas and carros publico are going up January 1.  I've got no confirmation on this just take a bit of extra change with you!

Planner is correct lots of prices on various things are rising this week.  Hold on tight for the ride

Bob K

Yes the tax on most basic items are going up January 1.  Get your shopping done today....

Not today!  It was a mad house at Playero in Sosua. I can only imagine what it was like in la Sirena.  The check out lines were down the food isles.  Won't go near the stores till Thursday at the earliest. 

Bob K

Bob,  I will be going tomorrow just for the fun of it..... I need 3 things.....   I will take some photos with my phone too so I can post them..... :D

Good luck. Maybe you should leave your contact information with  a neighbor in case you are not back in 6 or7 hours.

Bob K

But first I am having breakfast at Ihop!!! Meeting clients there,  wooo hooooo.

Ihop now that brings back memories.
Worked as a short order cook in one for a while to help with college expenses .... long time ago for sure

Bob K

Bob I am sure that was just a "few" years ago. I've eaten there twice since they opened,  food is good!

Planner, there is a IHOP in the Capital? Where abouts? And can we finally post photos on here given the New Changes.  Happy New Year to you, Bob, and all the Expat.com family.  Hope to be back in town Spring of 2014. Enjoy the Island weather, i will go and see the ball drop in Times Square if the weather is not too bad later on. :-)

Massagewiz happy new year to you as well.

I once went to see the ball drop....Never again. 

Bob K

Yes  IHOP is in Sambil Mall in  the capital.   It would be mean to post my photos of my breakfast... just mean.

Happy New year to you too!!!