RETIRE IN TANZANIA

HELLO
  CAN ANYONE GIVE INFOMATION ON HOW TO RETIRE IN TANZANIA.ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPERCIATED.ALL INFO IS WELCOMED.I AM EX TANZANIA RESIDENT.MY INCOME WILL BE FROM ABROAD.

Hi kilima,

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Tanzania forum for better visibility.

Hope other members will give you information on how to retire in Tanzania very soon.

ps: please avoid using your caps lock on the forum. Thank you

Wish you good luck
Christine

Kilima,

seems like our situations are quite similar.

I am originally from Dar and have been in Canada for 40+

years. I am retired and want to move somewhere warm.

Have you managed to get any useful info since you

posted your request ?  I am also looking for info !

oysterbay.

Probably Arusha,Tanga or Mwanza. Dar is ok too

Hello guys -> To note that this thread is dated 2011. Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Tanzania forum for more visibility. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Oysterbay/other members;
     New to forum. Am considering TZ since my girlfriend is from Arusha. She was back 2 yrs. ago, talks to her family weekly and thinks the traffic is really bad there since most people don't have licenses/insurance. Gas is expensive[$9-10/gal?].Lots of accidents. I haven't been in TZ in 10 yrs but have to decide on retirement soon. Arusha used to have a good online English weekly. The Arusha Times.
     Otherwise, TZ is a big place with lots of quiet smaller towns than Arusha and maybe traffic doesn't bother you. I like to bicycle so for me its important.
     Am also considering Central/S.America.

Just came ( kick -off ) from Arusha in Dec 2011 , big big corruption there even Immigration , always want You to give $$$, so when You refuse , well , they stamp,  your passport & give You 10 days to go out ,,,, without reason , one of my best friend was murder last Oct , for no reason , ??? last week (Aug 6 th 2013 ) 2 volunteers in Zanzibar were very badly hurt, it"s started from a slap in the face , for singing ( Ramadan ) , then they throught them acid in their face, so if You think Tanzania is nice , pls think twice ...

Hello , to get e retired Visa , You have to get first a tourist one ,( good for 3 months ) to visit Tanzania , then , You go to Dar Es Salaam Immigration services , no other place, You ask to meet the Miniter in charge on the 2 nd floor , ( bring all your ID papers ) It"ll cost You $ 5,000.00 Usd , You also have to qualify , pls go on Tanzania Immigration web , You"ll have all details .Be prepare to answer real good reasons for getting the Permit , & also $$$$$

@Briggite.bibi
No matter how good the country will be, but thugs can not be missed. Bad things happens to people are just happening like they happen anywhere. Like, should people stop going to some of the developed countries because of high rate of crimes, illegal possessions and used of arms? try to understand no matter how it hurts, what happens to Zanzibar is somehow culture misunderstanding and misconception. Mind you Zanzibar have undergone Staunch  Muslim culture. in other word is like an Islamic Island.When they heard a Muzungu singing Ramadan songs they mighty have misunderstood and having doubt on its genuine towards their culture.They are too religious people. I think its better you understand people's culture before you stay somewhere.
The problem is when something happen in Africa, developed media will publicized it like hell. How many crimes happens in Europe? they never voiced it to the great extent, once they happen in Africa or Asia, every news become strange as if it has never happened to them.

Please, mind you my dear. Tanzania is a good country and a peaceful place to stay. You are welcome.