Looking for English Language Teaching job

I have BA degree in Foreign Languages and Literature            (English), and  a postgraduate Diploma in Teaching.I want to work as an English Teacher in Libya, so what is your advice?

Hi nurhussen!

You should probably post an advert in the Libya jobs section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Hi, I've got a similar background as you and I'm currently teaching English in Libya (I was in Misurata and now Zawiyah). You can contact me if you want or else check my blog. It's a great time to apply in libya there are loads of demands.
Hope you find what you want. All the best

I need a teacher to teach my staff English in tripoli

Hi salimomarsalim,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You should post an advert in the Language teacher jobs in Libya section please :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Dear salim,                                         If you offer me the job, I want to teach your staff either in tripoli or virtually via Skype.                           With best regards,                           Nurhussen

Dear Jameela,                                    I would like to apologize for the disorder in the layout of the message thas was caused by my Nokia C3.                                            Thank you for the reply.You can contact me via the following email:  nurhussenm(at)hotmail.com            with best regards,                           Nurhussen

Hi Salim

What package are you offering? I am currently teaching in Tripoli and I'm Cambridge CELTA certified.

Regards

Omar

I have a university degree in english studies an literature along with a 30- year experience high school teaching. At present i am looking for a teaching position - either english or french, which i also master- as a classroom teacher or a company staff teacher and coah.If you are interested please contact me . Cordially!

Hi

Which country are you from? Male or female? Do you have CELTA?

hi, expact
i am not sure you are addressing men but i am a male from Tunisia

If you have a CELTA lejri. It will be easy to get a job here.

Hi, Expact
thanks so much for responding.Could you please explain what CELTA means.Is it a Certificate of English Language Teaching Aptitude ?

Hi everyone,
Can you help me out? I am a Nigerian and I have an MA Ed. Degree in English. I need a teaching job in Libya my e mail saniadam2000atgmail

Thank you

Hi azuba,

Posting an advert in the Teaching jobs in Libya section can help. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

azuba wrote:

Hi Jameela,
Can you help me out? I am have an MA Ed. Degree in English. I need a teaching job in libya my e mail saniadam2000atgmail
Thank you

Hi Azuba, you can send me a private message with your questions and i'll try my best to help you. An MA is the minimum requirements to teach in universities here so sounds like you got a chance. I also have  many posts on my blog about teaching English in Libya you should check it out.
Hope you find something soon.

Hello Jameela30 > please do not hesitate to share your experiences on the forum as well ;)

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Thank you Christine
I'm happy sharing my experience here as well.

From my experience, anyone with an MA in English or Teaching or Applied Linguistics (or similar fields of study) has got a strong chance of getting an ESL job in a Libyan university. What's more, all state universities are currently very understaffed so it's a great time to apply. Experience is of course preferred but not always a requirement, the same for native speaker status. Many teachers are non native speakers, in that case your English will need to be excellent however.

As far as i know the best way to apply for a job is in person, then you'll need to be very patient. Even though a head of department approves you and backs up your application, the admin process in Libya is very very very slow. It can tale a whole year to get a teacher appointed. Having said that, if they really want you they have ways of bypassing the system and speed things up (it happened for us the first time we came to Libya).

Expat packages are very appealing, starting salary is pretty high and will allow anyone to live comfortably and even save quite a lot of money (especially if you're single, without a family to support).

The job in itself is very easy and you'll enjoy complete freedom, you can teach what and how you want, there is no or very little paperwork so it's perfect for newbies. On the other hand it may be a little frustrating to see very little progress or results at the end of a long term/year of teaching as the general level in Libya is very low.

Hope this helps, anyone is free to contact me for further details. You can also check my blogs with plenty details on work experience, contracts, regulations and expat packages... as well as daily life tips. Good luck everyone and welcome to Libya