Moving to Conakry Soon

Dear Members,

I have recently accepted a job proposal for a French company based in Conakry & I will be leaving France end of September.

As I don't yet know Conakry & Guinea, I am actually questioning myself on how to organize my settlement there. What would your recommendations be? – All information will be a valuable asset to me.

Also, does anyone know if I can travel easily in the neighboring CEDEAO countries or do I need a visa for each & everyone of them once I have my resident permit?

Thank you all for your great advices & I look forward to meeting you in Conakry ;-)

Georges

I also just moved to Guinea, Conakry. Where to live is depending on where your job is: nices houses for a reasonable price are more out die the centre, Kipé and further. But if your job is in the centre, the traffic jams will cost you hours to drive back. That's why we have choosen to live in Minière, where the houses and neighbourhoods are pretty good. Appartments are also pretty good, but then you don't have a garden, but often a shares swimming pool. So it all depends on what you want.

How do you like your stay there ?   Are the locals  accommodating and friendly?
Are there many "white' people and is it true that the local men treat their white wifes like queens?:

Hey Ziggy,
ItŽs been a month and a half since i've been in Conakry and i can confirm that life here is really cool.
There are some expats. You might see them quite regularly at the same spots for a drink or for dinner.
When it comes to the local men, i really have no idea and i'm not sure i'll get right answer anytime soon ;) but i can tell you that locals are very friendly and welcoming

LOL  I understand!!!   not that i'm looking for a man!!!  It's just when people hear someone is going to an African Country they all have  scary stories!!!. 

Anyway  might see you at some place in conakry
Do you know how the medical service is??

Hi George,

I do understand you will need visa as for myself who will be relocating to Guinee  this saturday from Mauritius, i have to fly thruogh Paris first i am going to work for a British company in conakry, hope to meet you there,

regards,

Lloyd

Hi Ziggy,

Are you in Guinee yet?

regards,
Lloyd,

Hi Georges,

Congrats on your job offer. Have you finally gone to CKR?
I was curious to know what French/American or English companies are present in CKR.

I am planning to go to live in in Guinee and I wish to have further infos?

Thanks in advance and other members contributions would be very appreciated.

Thanks