Proposition of date and place to gather!

hello jhon,
saw u on this site. Well is tht ur dog?// i also have dog. So how do u do? Wht u do in Surabaya? Wud b great to know and have new friends . God bless.

Hello,
Im a local here . Anyone have plan to go outside Surabaya in October? I think Surabaya have public holiday on October 12th till October 15th. Maybe planning to Bali or somewher else with low budget of course. Let me kno. And it's such a good idea to make a new friends with u all. Thanks.

Hi my name is Stephen I am from the UK and have lived in Surabaya for 17 yrs.

One of the members of this club wanted to meet me to discuss expat life and to be friends, when I said my wife would be with me (we were going to do some shopping later)she declined to meet as she had bad experiences meeting wives of expats. My wife is Indonesian and is an author of three books on hand knitting she has a knitting shop in Royal Plaza called Knitarajut.

Myself I am a lecturer and business mentor at Ciputra University, IBMT and Indonesia European University. Also have business in Surabaya.

Many years ago 1996 there were expat meetings at what is now Singgasana hotel, but due to the Asian financial crises it stopped.

Toastmasters public speaking likes to meet expats and their friends to promote cultural understanding. Certainly they will love to meet all of you. Rotary club is another organisation that looks to make friends.

I have had communication from Josephine that I copy below.

Dear Stephen,

This is Josephine. That's nice I would love to visit your shop someday. Btw, can you take a while time with us, please?because other expat friends just new in Surabaya and they can't go far because they don't know the street yet. The expat friends will join are Nonovn, Deuter, and I will try to invite others too. Btw, what do you sell in the shop? Btw I work in south surabaya too, at rungkut industri raya street..so everyday I pass the ahmad yani street :)

I can understand some expat wives not being comfortable allowing their husbands to meet other females, but I am sure we are all adults and can get around this situation. I have three foreign friends two are married and one is engaged. I am sure they would be interested to meet everyone.

Best regards,
Stephen P Bolton

Dear All,
I just want to highlight what Stephen said about 'some wives not comfortable to meet other females' here (Stephen, thanks to brought this issue!). I see here some people on this forum wants to meet others in real, although others also just want to keep meeting virtually (because of time, location, safety and security, privacy and so).

Regardless to everybody have different purpose joining to this forum; I think we all experienced about good and bad friendship. I personally believe on 'you get what you treat' and that's make me happy being friends with many great people (single and couple) I met wherever without bothering each other's privacy.   

Many organizations, hobbies club and communities are created and developed progressively by great people who met and had brilliant ideas.

Meeting new people could bring us to different experience, but we shouldn't judge before we know them. So, let's meet, talk and be friends!

Cheers,
Wid

totally im agree wid ....m nope expat but I've been lived in india for a short time so ya sometime meeting a new fr can b like complicated but depend on how we manage our frship.

surprisedly the email is show in here. Well I don't mind if meet with expat wife. So, when will we have plan to meet up together?any idea?

Dear all,
I'm Stevanie from Surabaya, i'm not an expat yet but i have a plan to be an expat someday. I also want to highlight Stephen said about expat wives. I also met many expats in Surabaya, some of them are good friends, some of them are not really good friends, some of them are singles, some of them are couples, some of them are marriage men who just want to have some fun, many types of people with many cultures. Some of  the cultures consider it's not so good to make friends with marriage people (except if they are bussiness friends or co-workers of course) specialy if the expat wives are not being comfortable with that. I can not judge Stephen's friend in here, maybe she just though she doen't want to hurt his wife, they both are women right? Maybe because of that.
I can read in here Stephen's profile is wonderful, i'm sure there are a lot people want to meet Stephen. So cheers..

Hi all,
Anyone wants to meeting up this weekend? I plan to visit my friend's family in Ciputra on Saturday. If I can meet anybody around there, or else at Pakuwon/Lenmarc, it will be wort it to travel from Kertajaya :)

PM me your mobile number, i'll reach you then!

Cheers,
Wid

Hi everyone,

We are setting up at Indonesia European University a multi-functional club that will include:

English conversation
Public speaking
Debating
Learning Indonesian language for foreigners
Cross culture discussions

The club can be during the week after 3 pm and Saturday evening.

The location of IEU is at the back of Shangri-la hotel and has secure parking with security guards inside and outside IEU and is free.

It is very difficult for students to meet foreigners, and I see from this blog, if we are all going to be meeting on a regular basis we need somewhere to meet.

My contact details are below:

Stephen Bolton

HP: 08123239045
BBM: 74B623EA

Also on Whatapp and line.

Best regards,
Stephen.

hi Stephen,
Thanks for the information, this can be a good start to meet up and see everybody's interest to create social activities.
Is there any activity for today (Saturday) evening - what time?

Regards,
Wid

So what is everyone doing this December holidays

Sorry Wid, out of town. Back on the 9th

entrepreneuruk wrote:

So what is everyone doing this December holidays

Hi Stephen,
I should be back to Jakarta by 17th, but still open for Dec holiday. Visiting friends in Medan & Aceh most probably. Any plan in Surabaya?

Samhand wrote:

Sorry Wid, out of town. Back on the 9th

Alright Sam, will see you then. Oleh-oleh ya! :D

:)

hey everybody :D

permeable_magician wrote:

Dear friends,
Does anybody wants to join us for gathering meet other expat friends on 14th september at 6pm, at loop? :)

Sometimes i must join.

I'm 3 weeks old here in Surabaya. I hope there's another meet up. Making local and foriegn friends alike would be nice. :D

PhilCoulson wrote:

I'm 3 weeks old here in Surabaya. I hope there's another meet up. Making local and foriegn friends alike would be nice. :D

wuuw..good...let's plan it

Hi Phil, welcome on board! I'll be in Surabaya sometimes end of August. Maybe any members there could plan the meeting up?

wid wrote:

Hi Phil, welcome on board! I'll be in Surabaya sometimes end of August. Maybe any members there could plan the meeting up?

That would be great! Maybe one weekend in August. Surabaya Town Square would be nice.

I hope other members would join too. :)

PhilCoulson wrote:
wid wrote:

That would be great! Maybe one weekend in August. Surabaya Town Square would be nice.

I hope other members would join too. :)

Thats cool plan guys, lets make it happen, one more local is ok? keep in touch

Same same anyone around to meet new ppls?

John_Juan wrote:

Same same anyone around to meet new ppls?

Let's do it