Have an interest to work as truck-driver

Hi! I am Oleg, now living in Germany, but planning to move out.Now looking for job as professional truck-driver. Used to work in Canada, USA, Finland, Russia. May be somebody can help at least with internet sites or email from icelandic companies(I know, there are 2 or 3) which have they own trucks Cat. C or CE. I found only OLIS. Would very appreciate any assistance. Thanks:)

there's not a lot of work in long haul trucking simply because the country is so small, but I know one truck driver who owns his rig and moves large building elements around (like huge concrete pipe sections).

A search for "bílstjóri óskast" (truck driver wanted) on the net shows a lot of ads that are mostly rather old. Still, you can get an idea of who might hire. Places like Eimskip or Samskip (the "big" cargo ship companies) need to transport domestically, there are various store chains like Hagkaúp and Bónus and Krónan that have to move goods.

you can also check out these companies that are somehow involved in goods transport according to the yellow pages:

http://ja.is/?q2=flutningar&q=flutning

As I've mentioned in other job-related threads, Iceland's job market is VERY much based on who you know, and many jobs that are open aren't advertised at all. My company, for example, has hired several people recently and all of them were hired via word of mouth. If you can get to know one or two people in Iceland (perhaps call around with teh intention of visiting some companies, then follow up with a visit to the country) you will probably have better luck than trying to find a job from afar.

Thanks for reply. I think not only in Iceland job market based on WHOM DO YOU KNOW or WHO KNOWS YOU. Its everywhere like that now.
I gonna be in Iceland 4 days in the beginning of December. Gonna come with my wife, we'd like to look around.It will be from 7th of December till 11th of December.
Anyway, will try to look something before we would go, some grocery markets 100% making some deliveries.

Tried to write to Icelandic transport firmas, same story as everywhere..got no answers at all. The situation with jobs is very bad everywhere(as always:)), so, of course, Iceland is a not exception.

Hi Oleg,

I suggest you post your resume in the Truck driver job offers in Iceland section please. It might help :)

Best of luck

Thank you

Maximilien

Thanks Maximilien, will do that immediately:)

Though it was a small country long haul trucking is less available. First of all,  you need to get a class a cdl license to operate a truck.

Hi Oleg, did you every find a truck drivers job and move to Iceland? I'm considering the same move but having the same problems,
Thanks Raymond

Hi! Thanks for message.
No, I did not find anything. It is already 5 years passed since then. Honestly, since 2015 I stopped any search, because it is totally useless.
If I do not know anyone, closely  - there is no even simple chance to get a job.
I wishing you luck to find something:)
With best wishes from Germany.
Oleg

I know just 1 person who is going to have a look for me. So we will see what the future holds.
Thanks for your reply and all the best from England, Raymond:)

Now there are three of us. I looked for information and saw your message :))