How to make friends in Australia

That would be awesome.  It would be great to meet an another human for coffee lol 
Its funny because, traveling so much and being so friendly and social its a shock to the system not being able to do the usual,  you know randomly make a few mates in a new place.  I would be delighted for sure if you could send me the link  .
I am also delighted you took the time to reply awesome and tanx  I was expecting an echo :@)

[Moderated: Off topic.]

I think I sent my reply to the erong blog. Yikes I am still getting used to the website. Yup for sure I would b delighted to b able to email your kiwi friend for sure . Thanks

Bamenda Cameroon
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Mbengwi Momo
Region
                                            Dear pen friend
My name is Che Caleb , i m 23 year old  i live in the economic capital of Cameroon , i live alone.
I ve got 4 brother and one sister my father died when i was at the age of six my mother is a housewife.
  I am tall about 1.80cm tall and weigh 86kilos.
  I ve got black hair and black eyes ball i m a very  happy person
  I am doing computer  hardware maintenance in Douala.
  There are about 160 student were i study and 80 are doing my cause
  I study English, geography, economic ,religious study in my secondary school .
  Next year when i am done i m going to take internet networking as my next cause .
I love rap musics and dancing ,i like Micheal Jackson best and i buy his record every day, i also like
art and craft ,painting ,dancing and internet browning.
  I wiil love to read back from you as fast as possible
                                                  What do you like most ?

Hmmm I'll try my best to give a born and bred Aussies tip to gaining friends.

Most social circles are developed during school or sports.

Sports are a big thing in Australia. Volunteering also.

So easiest means to find friends is join up to one of the many sporting clubs around your local area. If you like swimming join a local swimming club etc. These will lead to after game drinks at the pub which is a bonding thing for Australians.

Volunteering is sharing the work load for no other purpose than to help out. Biggest suggestion is to join a local Volunteer Bush fire brigade. This doesn't mean you'll be facing down the fires that spring up you can do administration work or Catering just making something simple as Sandwiches, cooking some sausages on a BBQ and put them on bread with a healthy serving of Tomato sauce or BBQ sauce is appreciated by the firies. Trying to become a firie myself just gotta convince the missus that rushing off to fight 20m bush fires is a good idea >.>

Scouts also if you enjoy adventure and providing children with positive role model or sharing your culture with them.

Conservation Volunteering - This volunteering group (http://www.conservationvolunteers.com.au/) cares about the state of plant and animal life in Australia and Australians care about this very much. In this role you'll plant new trees etc, may encounter taking care of animals.

Surf Life Saving (http://sls.com.au/) Is the volunteer group tasked with rescuing people from problems on the beach. If you enjoy beaches, sun and sand.

Sports are big in Australia due to the outdoor living here. And Volunteers have large amounts of respect in Australia due to mateship.

Hello All,

Got my AUS PR sponsored by South Australia.... so anyone who wants to make friendship with me ?? I'm still in India will be traveling soon :-)

Cheers.

I guess I would just start talking to people I meet at stores or restaurant's

Sounds very interesting have you always lived there?

hello friends me jameel whi want to make friendship with me
i'm waiting please

to findfriends australia

Hi, I'm a mature, happily married woman in Perth. Would love to hook up with any Kiwi's for coffee, maybe a barby or dinner somewhere.Huge range of interests and finding myself a bit isolated at present.

DEinAUS wrote:

The Aussies have a wonderful thing called mateship which remains a mistery to anyone not raised here.  I believe they make brilliant friends but as a foreigner one stays outside their circle.

Couldn't agree more! I can't quite fit in. They're nice, friendly and everything but somehow it feels like there's some sort of barrier between me and the clique. I have two close friends and they both are expats. We just hit it off when we first met. Sometimes it's easier to make friends with fellow expats because you can relate to one another.

Anyway, I'm a newbie here. Hi peeps! :)

It is always hard to make real friends, after you become an adult. Friendship seems to be easier to form when you are young with no complication in life.

Having said that, for a new comer, it is not hard to find people to do things together. I'd say meetup.com is a great place to start with. Otherwise there are various kinds of clubs. You can find more tips at movetosydney.com.au/how-to-meet-people.html.

Yes, the topic is very actually, because many people from different countries in the world want to go to Australia. Would be interesting to know five main reasons, I mean, why people are thinking about Australia?

TMendy wrote:

Personally, I am having a very difficult time meeting people/ making friends here. It doesn't help that I am very shy, but it is even very hard to get to know/meet people on this site. The group in Moscow was much closer and inviting. I am lost on which way to turn to find someone to talk to and hang out with.

Well lets change that we are all sometimes shy and sometimes being shy helps to see what people do and think kinda like playing dumb well that is just my view i could be wrong.
So I am new here just signed up 2 mins ago I am a south african expat soon to be an aussie citizen woot longest 4 years of my life. Just moved to Melbourne so fresh start all over again

i like Australian friends.Australia good

Australia is a friendly place, its not that bad. Ive lived here all my life. I am originally from Taiwan. Compared to Asia, Australia is a very good place to live.