Rent a flat or a house in Islamabad

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Islamabad. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Islamabad.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Islamabad?

How to find a home in Islamabad: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

frome  my experience i recomend this web-site for: renting room, portion-house, flat, guest house, hostels.... even some offers for sharing house or room: olx--Pakistan-islamabad- real estate:

I found my house through it...

how ever there are too many property dealers in this city...
- I dont recomend sharing for new arrivals...
- Prices of houses and Rooms  in Islamabad are high almot 4 times with compare to other cities of Pakistan...I have been to Karachi and Lahore..
- I strongly recomend bargaining with property dealers and with owners of property...prices for foreigner almost duble ... and off course u need to ask foreigners and Pakistani friends about prices in general..
- almost all sectors of Islamabad are good for living except: i-9, i-10
- There r problem with electricity in Islamabad and offcourse in Pakistan in general..almost 4 hrs/day off in winter and 6-8 hrs off in summer SO u need to ask for UPS or Elect-generator...
- Servant in general r good BUT u need to be carful....
- Islamabad is a beautiful city...but with compare to Lahore and karachi its boring city 
- mostly foreigners lives in F-6, F-7, F-8-F-10-F-11, E-7, i-8       
- Bahria Town is not an option if u r working in Islamabad..its far and not much developed...

Good Luck..

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Islamabad?
No at all. Easily available options through newspaper direct advertisements, personal references (office or colleague) or local real estate agents.

How to find a home in Islamabad: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?
Best is via word of mouth from personal/office references or through classified (paper/online) or real estate agents.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?
Preferable areas for expats offer housing starting from 35K-80K and above. This estimate is for a 2 bed attached bath, drawing dining combined, small kitchen, may be a terrace and a single vehicle parking inside the gate. Upto 50K for upper floor and costlier on lower or ground floors.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
Mainly Identification documents (Passport) and Tenancy Agreement.

Which advice would you give?
- Prefer word of mouth references from your personal or office circles. Maybe your friend or colleague is already living on a property that still has a portion to offer on rent. Or their neighbors or the local neighborhood circle.
- Only go with trusted and tried real estate agents. Many tend to misguide on rentals and influence on available options to get difficult property out first. Basically they work to make their daily wages and not really give you all options for the best/closest fit to your needs.
- Pakistani landlords in major cities prefer expats for rentals since they can pay better or atleast in timely fashion, would generally maintain the property well and be a source of word of mouth while leaving for a quick re-renting from within the expat circle. Use this positioning in your negotiations.

well its not very difficult, rates depends upon the location u r living, in Bahria town the apartments are expensive, in G-11 sector apartments are not very expansive....... in 15-25000PKR you can easily get the apartment

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your contribution :)