Arabic and Quran classes

Does anyone know of any free or cheap arabic and quran classes. I'm kind of new here and I've been struggling to find anything. I live at the princess nora campus.

You may find this previous thread helpful:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=238976

I am sorry friends.. I do not understand some things... let me be straight.. When we buy some things either from the grocery or clothes or be it sports ware etc.. Most of us would try to get a quality stuff with an affordable range...

But then when we try to learn Arabic (then language of Quran) & Quran itself then why do we go for "CHEAP".. Does quality education or things come "CHEAP"..

Mentioned in Quran clearly that this world is just a transit for all of us & life after it is a permanent place for us.. Do we build our future on "CHEAP"...

I am sorry friends if my words would hurt any one.. but then i feel that Education, Specially the language of Quran should not be "CHEAP" but affordable..

"These are solely my thoughts"

boomstraat wrote:

Does anyone know of any free or cheap arabic and quran classes. I'm kind of new here and I've been struggling to find anything. I live at the princess nora campus.

I think, by 'cheap,' the OP did mean affordable. If money was no object, 90% of the expats here in KSA wouldn't be here!

I hope the OP did mean that..

By the way being in the kingdom is best for the 90% of the expats because they are being exempted from all the sorts of taxes they are being charged in their own countries.. No hidden facts.. No one pays taxes in the Kingdom !!

Survey 2013/ just one Far East country (Japan) was in the top ten tax payable countries.. rest all were European countries..

& in Forbes most tax friendly countries.. India stood as the most tax friendly country..  which is why you find Indians almost every part of the globe sending home loads of remittances.. (A Fact)

India's score came in at 49.7, which means that total tax costs are about half of that in the United States.

Also Saudi Arabia is one of the top affordable country in the Middle East in terms of housing, food & etc..

These the just the facts mate !!

Alliecat wrote:

I think, by 'cheap,' the OP did mean affordable. If money was no object, 90% of the expats here in KSA wouldn't be here!

Thanks guys!! Amina im glad u found this useful too

Alliecat wrote:

To clarify 'if money was no object, 90% of the expats here in KSA wouldn't be here' I meant that if we were WELL off and money wasn't a factor, 90% of us wouldn't be living and working here. But since we ARE here, it means we need the $$ so cost is always a consideration.

Boomstrat have you checked the University? There should be lessons.
King Saud University offers Arabic lessons for anyone for free in 3 or 4 different levels, not Coran though.
There should be also for women in Princess Nora University.

Atomicwarlord:
What does tax system or tax free countries conversation relate to this topic?
I just wonder who is "paying" the taxes that some countries do not ask their citizens to pay: private health insurances, private education, private pensions and million things that rely on taxes: social care, city beautification, public investment... Thanks God Saudi Arabia has resources to rely on. Paying taxes in order to obtain perfect public services and balance the society's inequalities is not a bad situation.

They do give classes in Princess Norah Uni. They're offering free Arabic diploma course for 2 years. I studied there for most 4 months. You can also have a look at Purple Academy, it's located at King Fahad Road & one is in DQ but I don't remember the name. Search on Google, you'll definitely get the details.

Hi AeZee,

Thanks for the information. Do you by any chance have contact information for the diploma in Arabic class? Where would I need to enquire?

xx

AeZee.Ess wrote:

They do give classes in Princess Norah Uni. They're offering free Arabic diploma course for 2 years. I studied there for most 4 months. You can also have a look at Purple Academy, it's located at King Fahad Road & one is in DQ but I don't remember the name. Search on Google, you'll definitely get the details.

Here you go 0531635323.
I hope the number is still working. Mrs. Mona is in charge of Arabic Department.

Thanks soooo much. I just saw this, but insha allah it will work out.

I'll let you know how it goes.xoxo  :cheers:

free Arabic diploma course for 2 years

is it really free? or here is some misspelling :)