Hot Topic for discussion

Hello Folks,

So boring people in Bahrain or exiting i don't know but is there any good topic to discuss. I see very less people is taking interest to comment and discuss. Here in Bahrain people are not active or afraid to interact.
Lets discuss people.
Put some topic so that we can have some good time on internet atleast.

shayeen

Hi Shayeen, not a hot topic ( or maybe it will be :-)). I notice that there a lots of views on topics but few replys - here in the Bahrain forum. Am new here and would like to get together with others to try and keep myself sane here. I know that there were some meet ups scheduled a little while ago and am wondering if these are still happening and when as would like to come along.  Although it's a little Island I think there are lots of things to do and see and think it's usually more fun to explore with others then alone.
Hoping that there will some replys here and we can arrange a meet up ( or I can join one already happening).

Hi tmg, sorry i don't know your name. You are absolutely right as there is more views to the topics rather than comments.
I don't know what people are looking for.
Yes there was one topic before which was good going  for gettogether, meetups and even i decided to join them but suddenly i found the lady who started that discussion is also not replying.

Facebook is also just for photo album as you will find 1000 friends in your list but no one is online and interested in talking rather than putting useless comments, recent one was "cat is taking bath".

Sometimes i search for events going in Bahrain where get together is someway possible. Once in CityCentre i found one fashion show was organized, it was good and i found some people for talking but can't take them as a friend circle.

hope some active people will come forward.

see ya, enjoy

shayeen

Hello to you,

Why wouldn't you initiate an [Expat.com] meet up yourselves?

Things to bear in mind: plan well ahead; usually if short notice there will be no success.

Cheers
Arlette

Hi Arlette, thanks for those suggestions and Shayeen, my apologies as probably posted "off topic" in your thread. :-)

Well ladies,
sorry for interruption. I think we need some one Bahrain experienced person to lead the team of friends.

I lovvve making friends.

shayeen

But now i am thinking howcome so many people are viewing so many topics but few replys.

What are they looking for? Or What they need actually?
Can someone explain me.....BAHRAIN

shayeen

Judging by the looks of things, most people want you to give them a job and a visa, lol.

whatttt......

hi

shayeen

i must say that ur a very active  person , what do u think if we arrange a meeet up ?

Hi Hygic,

Thanks for reply.

Yes we should arrange meet-up. I am ON.

Invitation is open for everyone.
It will be casual and fun.

Cheers

Shayeen

Syayeen,
I think most expats are living in Bahrain to earn and save money as much as possible before returning to their respective origin.
So, they post questions to expedite search for answers, etc. Once got, they'll just dissappear. Most alrady have families/kids. They would rather spend/explore new places of more interest than chit-chatting endlessly.

Hamka wrote:

Syayeen,
I think most expats are living in Bahrain to earn and save money as much as possible before returning to their respective origin.
So, they post questions to expedite search for answers, etc. Once got, they'll just dissappear. Most alrady have families/kids. They would rather spend/explore new places of more interest than chit-chatting endlessly.

A thoroughly weighted response, full of useful information for all to indulge.

Being an expatriate doesnt' mean you cease to use the internet I have found. It also does not mean you automatically have family and kids either. In fact, many expatriates move away from their families to work. I have also noted that some of the participants on the various forums on here are in fact nationals of the respective forum they contribute to.

The point of this thread was to get some repeat posters, in an effort to actually develop a online community for the Bahrain forum on this site. Interestingly though, Bahrain seems to be a country with little online activity. The many forums I have searched with regards to Bahrain, not just this expat website, have generally been quite inactive.

I am curious as to why. What is the internet culture like in Bahrain? I saw a list of banned websites from some time ago, indicating that Google was banned for some time. By now, I would have thought that most people had realized the potential of teh internets. But in avoidance of making sweeping statements with no evidence base, I will leave it open to discussion.

Dear Knut,
You seem to be still in England. Are u coming to Bahrain anytime in the future?
Actually I'm also looking for some answers in this forum. Unfortunately, hard to get; searching in other forums, even worse. I'm quite active helping expats in Malaysia thru' this forum by giving them sound answers to their Questions so that they are not misled by wrong infos.
I try to help others while I can. When we help people in any form, we will be helped in many other forms as well.

I am in the UK at the moment, though looking to move to Bahrain prospectively, time will tell.

Finding any help or information on Bahrain is frustrating. Google coughs up very little, forums tend to be quiet. Is life so good out there no one has spare moments to troll on the internet? ;p Even finding answers to simple things like the regular working hours have not been able to find, or the sort of work ethic which is expected. Is life in the workplace hectic?

Working hours for public offices in Bahrain is Sunday to Thursday, 7am-2.15am without lunch break. Private offices, not sure. Keep searching..
From what I know working in Bahrain is a bit relaxed than some of other countries in the region.

Hello Folks...

I'm hands-up if there is any social meet being arranged for new comers in bahrain...

I was told by my colleagues back in the U.S. before I relocated, that Bahrain is a happening places...But I don't really acknowledge the fact.

For people willing to make friends...feel free to write to me on [email protected] or ring me on 33541818.

I'm age 28, bachelor, working from U.S., now relocated to bahrain, originally from india..

Cheers,