How to celebrate 2014 in Ryadh? any plans?

hello everybody,
I'm new in Ryadh, i'm asking if there's any place to celebrate the new year ?? party? in compounds maybe : can we buy the tickets??
plz help, i need to spend a nice time with my husband : we are just married :)
Thank you,
Sophia

Hi! Sophia...for compounds parties you need to be invited by someone you know...there are no tickets that you could buy...only option would be to go to nearest Bahrain which would definitely get crowded during new year's...

It's possible your embassy is having an event.  Why not contact them to find out?

hinnam wrote:

hello everybody,
I'm new in Ryadh, i'm asking if there's any place to celebrate the new year ?? party? in compounds maybe : can we buy the tickets??
Thank you,
Sophia

The quality of the NY events here in Saudi might not be every1's cup of tea.
You guys are better off in Dubai. I wouldnt recommend Bahrain, as you would find many familiar faces..

HNY in advance!

hinnam wrote:

In your bedroom :P

Thank you all for your suggestions. I don't have friends right now so i should forget the idea of compounds. But i'll not give up :) happy new year

You have your hubby so you won't be alone. Why not plan a special evening out to dinner?  Just the TWO of you since, you're newly married?  I think that's a nicer time than a loud party with people you don't even know.

Happy New Year!

It's a nice idea. Where can we go for dinner? Do you know any good restaurant? Thanks for your help Alliecat

hinnam wrote:

It's a nice idea. Where can we go for dinner? Do you know any good restaurant? Thanks for your help Alliecat

Here are some suggestions:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=194482

And hopefully others reading this thread will add more! :)

Check out www.riyadheats.com and click on the "Best For" menu and you will see various categories.  Relevant to you there is Romantic, Fine Dining, and Private Rooms.  Or click on the "Food and Drink" menu and browse by cuisine.