Preparing to move to Costa Rica in July for a year with me family

Hi there,
I am Natasha. I am an Engish professor at a university in New York. I will be on paid research leave next year so we are moving to Costa Rica as of july 1, 2014 for a year.  We have 2 kids (12 +8 ) and my husband is a professional musiciann and music producer and will have a private business.  We need to rent a house near Belen or Cariari as that is where the kids will go to school.  Looking for a 3 bedroom plus an office/house witrhin the range of $900-$1100/month.  If you are moving out of CR and have a great place in that area, please let me know. I will be in CR this Jan from the 17-21 and would come to look at the property -even pay a deposit if I loved it!

thanks,
Natasha

Hi Natasha,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to browse through the section houses for rent in Costa Rica. Please note that you can also post an advert.

This might be helpful.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

You may want to look at the Villas de Cariari

Thanks! I have posted an ad and checked out the available listings already so I am crossing my fingers that something wonderful turns up!

Cheers,
Natasha

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion. The Villas have mostly 1-2 bedrooms and we need at least 3 bedrooms and an office space.

I will keep checking!

Cheers,
Natasha

The rentals around the Dona Rosa are usually quite high, as is this one but it is a nice, safe area.

In regards to your saying "...will have a private business" you may not be aware that unless you have a Special Permit for your years stay or a work visa you are not legally permitted to perform any physical work, even if you own the business, although you can work via the internet.

Link to additional information

Make sure the house has security. Like Ft. Knox security. Don't forget the dogs. Make sure they're trained to only eat from you or they'll be poisoned. When you leave every 90 days make sure it's by bus or plane so you can get back in.You'll have to have someone at your house 24-7. Don't trust the neighbors to watch it.If you're headed to Nicaragua, stop at the bank in Liberia because you can't pay at the border.
Have fun ! Pura Vida !