Doing business in Somalia

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Somalia?

Is it complicated to register a company in Somalia? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Somalia?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Somalia is country that have more of import and less of export. i believe if you have a good bussiness in mind. As far as tax is concern, it is very much less comparing to other east african countries.

thank you,

Wardi

Hi Wardi!

Thanks for your help!

Armand

it is quite simple to start your business specially in Somaliland. And it would be great if you could localize your business by partnering with local businessmen or companies

Thank you for your contribution Ahmeddaad! :)

Aurélie

(moderated: no free ads please)

am exporter of Rice,Wheat Flour and Sugar...Mostly am sending goods at berbera,bosaso and mogadishu ports from India in Dhow launch's. now am intrested to open office in hargeisa.

Pls give me information and help in this...

hi, am in somaliland and am interested to be your agent in somaliland.its easy to open an office in hargeisa. am educated, honest and hardworking. am willing to work with you as i have been interested in the export and import market. for more info. if you are interested [email protected] is my email thanks.

Hi hornbiz > if you are looking for a job, you should please post your advert in the jobs in Somalia section.

Just to remind that the topic of this thread is "Doing business in Somalia".

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

hello any one need any information about Somalia please do contact with me thank you.

Hi
I would like to start business in hargeisa town. can please advise me abt the licence procejure...I would like to inform u that am exporter of rice n wheat flour from india

hope to hear u soon

rgrds

Yogesh

Hello amiiraked -> If you have any information on Doing business in Somalia in Somalia. Do not hesitate to share them on the forum itself. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I was looking on the new government website, but its very vague about company registration. I assume this is not set up yet, but does anyone know or have information about this? I am looking to find out more in setting up a business there.

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hi cfernandes1,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you start a new topic on the Somalia Forum please with all your questions :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi Yogi,

Can you give me your contacts i.e. e.mail address, location in dubai and cell number.

Also let me know what items you export from Dubai and can we both
colaborate in business of export to African countries?

Pls write back to:  [email protected]

Tks
Mustafa

Looking Somalia business partner as well.
Please let me know

I want to setup a branch company company in Somalia, any local Somali to assist on the setup or partnership.

Ecunis - Please clarify the kind of partnership your looking - We are consulting company based in Mogadishu, Somalia and would to like help you on YTRE.

The mode of partnership is to find any one that can guide me in how to setup a branch office or business in Somalia.

Would look forward to read from you

Regards

Ecunis  - Please contact me at [email protected]

Regard's

Hi
Starting business in most cities in somalia is always very easy and there not much different between local or foreigners when it comes to investing in somalia.

But what you need is to research well of which area of the country u are looking for to invest and what kind of business you would like to invest because some area of the country security is still a concern, and u need to be very careful of your operations in some parts of the country.

But let's say you have decided to establish your business in Somaliland or puntland whereby there no security threat or is less risk than the southern part of the country. Your business has more potential advantage than the other areas and less stress.

Hi likhoab0,

Welcome to expat.com!

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2017, it is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.  Also, when participating on a conversation and answering to someone in particular, we encourage you to retype their name.

If you want to discuss a specific topic, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Somalia forum.

Vero
Expat.com team