Considering a 2 month stay in Lyon

Hello,

I am considering working out of our company's Lyon office this summer for 2 months (Jun/Jul). If I were to do this, I would bring my family, rent an apartment, etc.

My question is what could my family do or get involved in while they are here since I will be working during the days.

I my wife and I are mid-40's, I would bring my two sons (16 and 12). I'm not sure if my daughter (19) would come.

They dont speak French, but if we do this, we would take intro French class before coming. I want them to experience the people here, not just act like tourist (that will be the weekends). I was here a month this fall working and it was a great experience. I want them to have the same experience, but I dont know what they could do to get out and meet people quickly in two months.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello,

I am a fellow American who now resides in this wounderful city. I usually organise english speaking activities for people who don't speak French. I don't ask any money or anything; it is just a way to connect people who cannot otherwise communicate with other people because of language.

Contact me when you arrive in Lyon and I'll be glad to show you guys arround town.

Enjoy

Rocky

In June the boys could still go to the ISL (International School of Lyon) in Sainte-Foy-les-Lyon if you have the money for it (it's expensive). I know a Japanese family whose then 11yo. daughter went there last June, so she could socialize/make contacts for the rest of the summer (they went back to Japan after the summer).
Anne