Appraoch to getting job

Hi everyone,
We are a couple and after long considerations we have decided to spend the second part of our life in Africa, possibly in Kampala. My wife is an appreciated Italian architect and I am a German business development manager, occupied in numerous start-up launches in the past.
Despite our graduate degrees in Architecture and Foreign Trade Administration and our long working experience, we find difficulties to get a job from Italy for Kampala.
Does anyone know a good approach to get a job when we'll be in Kampala in January?
I could improve, for example, the international market position of local industries, to be engaged in a new start-up or representing foreign companies in Uganda. My wife, specialized in interior design, would like to be involved in renovations and furnishing of houses and buildings.
We would be glad for any good information and, why not, become friends in the future.
Cheers Wolfgang

yes, am sure i can help....you can inbox me here or email at me...[Moderated: Please send personal details in private] Thnx

Hi Wolfgang,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to browse through the jobs in Kampala and to post an advert in the section which suits you the best.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Basing on the Expertise you all have(with your wife),many opportunities are bound to come your way.You two can put your careers to the next level by merging up to start up your own project(Business),instead of being employed by someone else.Uganda is a Developing Nation which welcomes all kinds of Creativity.I believe you can use your Qualifications in Architecture to start up a Company because Real estates is currently booming.Many Ugandan's have traveled to various parts of the world and have always fallen in love with different Architectural designs. They would wish to have the same for their homes.Renovations are always needed everywhere even in Government Premises. Come up with a well Developed Real Estate management plan and use your Foreign Trade Administration skills to market it. Am sure you can make it.cheers, [Moderated: pls send details in private]

Hi Adam,
you're perfectly right. The real estate market will explode, that will be good for my wife but for me the 1996 Constitution grants land ownership rights solely to citizens of Uganda. Foreign nationals and corporations may, however, obtain leases for 49 or 99 years. As you wrote, I could only market them - less interesting but have to be analyzed.
Thanks
Wolfgang

join the Italy embassy or Germany embassy in Kampala foreign trade department