Is there a good and "helpful" teach foreigners Polish out there.....

I have been living in Poland now for a couple of months and although I originally and  sincerely intended to learn this rather "not so easy Slavic" language the final gesture never came to fruition and became bogged down in teaching English obligations, thus my dilemma....I need to find a good course on line, preferably gratis as well.....no accounting for cheek...!

So if anyone knows of a good website out there...please let me know.....and save my further despair.

Many thanks

Conor

Hi,
Having been there a couple of years ago, I know what you're talking about. It might not be what you're interested in, but I honestly think that face to face learning is essential when it comes to learning a language as difficult as Polish. I started off with IKO, a language school for foreigners, with an intensive 4-hour a day course for 3 weeks. I know it's difficult to fit into your schedule when you're already working, but... no input AND pain AND pressure - no gain. You need a good teacher who knows the shortcuts, keeps motivating you and practices pronunciation. And I'm saying this from teacher to teacher :)
Powodzenia - good luck!

Polish is one of the most difficult languages to learn, especially for the British, because of its, often vague, syntax ( honestly, I consider Polish pronunciation relatively easy when compared to English but then - am I credible as a native speaker of Polish?)
Your situation isn't that bad, eventually you live in Warsaw where there are many people speaking pretty decent Eng..I think..
As for learning Polish - I'd download a Polish for foreigners book or sth similar, or ask friends for help in learning the language. It would also help if you had Polish  TV channels - listening to Polish may be a good idea when you want to catch some popular and simple phrases. Should you need any help, let me know

After I'd written yesterday I was thinking - would you be interested in some books? I still have a brandnew textbook and workbook level 1 and a picture dictionary. I'd give that away in exchange for a good coffee ;)
Sibylle

Hi Sibylle,

sorry for the late reply...teaching biz has picked up and hardly now ever get the chance to sit in front of laptop for reasons of pleasure.....oooops that sounds strange....:) my checking on all the different portals I am subscribed to.

Yes, would be happy to take you up on your offer-
one coffee coming up....!

here is my e mail [email protected]

Cheers

Hi,

thanks so much for the words....yes I WILL PERSEVERE......what a Martyr I am ....and get more to grips with learning Polish...."mind over matter" and all that good stuff. Yes, a TV for the news would be a positive and promising start....the new apartment is being renovated and a TV area will be the new calling of the day...

Thanks and all the best

Conor

Hi!
I hope You've found some interesting materials, which are helpful for You, but I strongly recommend regular courses...
This language is not the easiest one, so You can check this out:

frog.org.pl/

They have very flexible hours and reasonable prices ;-)

Good luck!