Jordanian Passport

Hello all,

In another thread I read from Primadonna that there's a possibility to request Jordanian passport. I've heard mixed answers on this where some people say it's possible some say I can never get it.

1. What are the pre-requisites to request Jordanian passport for a European like myself (Belgium)?

2. If I get kids with my soon-to-be Jordanian wife, can they receive both nationalities then if I carry the Jordanian passport too (Jordanian + Belgian)?

We'll be having a house in Jordan though will probably not be living there the majority of the time.

Thanks!

Cedric

You need to stay In Jordan for at least 5 years. But I am not sure if you'll get one simply because most of the time...the husband gives the nationality to the wife not the other way round. As for the names of the kids... they follow the father's. I am not an Arab so therefore I am not required to put my grandfather's name nor my family name etc etc. it is only applicable to Jordanians. Dual nationalities are common but where I come from ...Singapore we are not allowed to attain another nationality. So my kids are not Singaporeans as they will then need to return to Singapore and serve the Army for 2 1/2 years.

Sorry Umm Jacoub, you are wrong.
I am not an Arab too but they put my fathers and my grandfathers name in my passport by the law of Jordan.

You don't have to live in Jordan for 5 years to require a passport but you have to marry for at least 5 years to an Jordanian.

Here is more information:http://jordanembassyus.org/page/consulate-forms

It is a website from the Jordanian Embassy in Washington but I think the information would be the same.

I tried to find another thread about this but I can't find it anymore.

you mean to say you can live out of Jordan and then apply for Jordanian passport? As far as I know... I renew my iqamah every year and after the 5th year I am eligible to apply for Jordanian passport. As for my grandfather's name I didn't have them even on my marriage contract, Muslim marriage contract that is... for civil marriages or other than a Muslim marriage I am not sure. Just my name and my father's. Usually Asian Muslim names do not carry family names as in my case.

When I came here I get a permit for one year (Iqamah) but after that I asked for citizenship. It is more cheaper and you don't have to go through all that paperwork every year.
Because on that time I was more then 5 years married so there wasn't any problem.

But you're female married to a Jordanian male. You think all this applies for a foreign male marrying a Jordanian girl?

Sorry for the link I give it earlier.
I didn't checked it and the information that you need is in Arabic.

I am not sure if this is also the case in your situation.
Like I said it before, I posted a link which the right information but I can't find it anymore.
In that document which came from the Jordanian government there was nothing mentioned about it is impossible when a foreign male married to a Jordanian female to ask for a Jordanian passport.

But to make sure please contact the Jordanian Embassy in Jordan while I try to search further.

UPDATE:

A foreigner male who marry a Jordanian woman can not apply for a passport or the Jordanian nationality!!!

The House of Representatives in Jordan discuss about this matter till now

Primadonna wrote:

UPDATE:

A foreigner male who marry a Jordanian woman can not apply for a passport or the Jordanian nationality!!!

The House of Representatives in Jordan discuss about this matter till now

In addition to this, my sister in law , who is a Jordanian is married to an Egyptian but is unable to apply Jordanian citizenship / passports for her 2 boys.