Update on Residency Cards

Just to let you know that we have finally picked up our residency cards :)

We sent our applications in June by mail, received an acknowledgement in Sept, in Oct we went twice to the Gozo office to check on the status, the first time we were told that our cards had been processed in Sept and both times we were told that someone would get back to us with information, we heard nothing so two weeks ago I sent an email to the Dept asking for any information, last week I received an answer back to say the cards were ready and could be picked up from Evans Building, Valetta, I sent back a reply and asked if we could pick them up from Gozo and received an answer that we could.

Went to the office this morning, it is in St Francis Square, Victoria and has moved from the little room near the id office, if you act as if you were coming out of the id office, turn left, walk past the library and there is a turning to the left into a courtyard (before you get to the Ministry of Gozo entrance), turn directly left again and the office is just along there, we were the only people there and were dealt with very efficiently and kindly, it looks like they are still setting the office up, there are about 4 desks in there and one of them has a camera set up on it, there were three staff members, one of whom was being trained. 

It looked like they had quite a few cards waiting to be picked up so if you are expecting yours it might be worth going along there and checking if it's ready. They handed us the cards and the letters that were never sent out to us and we had to give them our old id cards, he did ask about the blue receipt but I said we hadnt received one and he was fine with that. 

Hope this helps

Brilliant! Thanks!! :):top:
Just one thing I thought the library was on the left as one comes out of the old office?

redmik wrote:

Brilliant! Thanks!! :):top:
Just one thing I thought the library was on the left as one comes out of the old office?

You are welcome Mick, I see what you mean about the directions I did them as if you were facing the id office but have now changed them to hopefully make it clearer :)