New to shmeisani...

Hi, I'm new to Amman. Staying near the 3rd circle, shmeisani. Was wondering if there was anybody nearby as I'm clueless about the area, if there is a gym, supermarket, stuff like that. Also, just looking for friends!

I guess you're not exactly in shmeisani when you are near the 3rd circle
I don't live in amman long time ago but i stay near the 1st circle and rainbow street and as i know it's jabal amman from the first to 3rd circle.

Anyway i've looked for a gym before in these areas i found none only the ones at hotels and it feels like no gym and expensive as well ! But my ex-gf was going to the fitness first gym at shmisani which isn't far from the 3rd circle but if you'll take a one year package at this gym you'll get a nice deal plus they have " ladies only gym " which she was happy about cause some guys can be so silly to stare and flirt and show off all the time at the gym .

But there are some nice restauratns " so it's just like a Neighborhood says eat more work out less"

I think you are near Wadi saqra :D I live in ElWeibdeh...not so far from where you are. There is Cozmo @ Wadi Saqra. Where you can find a lot of international products compared to cCrrefour / Spinneys.

Thanks for the practical advice guys.

I'm excited to check out Cozmo!

Powerhut in shmeiseni is a good gym. On the expensive side but worth it. Amazing spa in the same building too. I have been living in shmeiseni for ten months now so lemme know if you need any other info

Powerhut is a very good option.
3rd circle is not actually within Shmesani, but it is linked to Shmesani through Wadi Saqra.
One of the most affordable ways to get from the 3rd circle to Shmesani is by using a white cab (locals call it sarvees).

hello,

cozmo is a proper grossery store, so i agree with everyone, gyms are all round. id recommend getting a car because amman is small and that would increase your search diameter, but then again your cars are left-side-right and driving here would be confusing. cabs are increadibly cheaper in case you havent noticed (a 30 pound trip in the uk would be a 5-6 pound fare here) anyway if you feel like a drive whenever, can take you for a spin.  -Zaid

Hello.

I think there is a new GYM near by the 2nd circle, once I back to Amman I will go check it out.

I have been in Amman for 11 years, and I really do love Amman. I feel its the best place for living as I haven't such living environment around.

So, welcome to Amman .. if you need any info, we can help

M.J

Hi m.jawad,

Feel free to share the informations here on the Amman Forum as it might be helpful to the other members of Expat-Blog :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Britishf.. I hope you have been able to find more since you last posted.  I arrived a few weeks ago and am just now comfortable to drive anywhere in the city.  Only gym I know of is a cross fit gym.

hello there britishf

if u ever want a real friend in amman and ready to teach u some arabic and to explore jordan im ready ... i live in shmisani and i know all streets of amman

hayyyy how are you actualy you are living in a great area im living in jabal amman rinbow st.

so please contact me and i will show you around everything you want 0777900650

hi to u. if y still think need anything, i will be ready to help. plz call [Moderated: pls avoid posting your phone number on the Forum for safety reasons] .

best,

Belal