What is Schengen Visa ?

Hello friends,

I just want to know that what is the real meanings of Schengen Visa ? for example I got visa of UK and can I go to any other Schengen country like Germany with out getting Germany visa and also can I go to Germany directly even I got visa for UK and I don't go to UK. Is it possible ? or what is the exact mean of Schengen Visa ?

Best Regards,
Sonu Ahmad

UK is not a Schengen country so it's not part of the treaty.

but if you have a visa for Ireland or France, you can visit Germany or Italy freely. There is no border control between Schengen countries, only customs.

And what about Poland ? is Poland Schengen country ? if I get Poland visit visa so can I also visit Germany without going to Poland ?

might be hard to get a visa for Poland if you're actually going to Germany- when I had to get a Schengen Visa (for entry before a residence permit) I had to fill out several forms that detailed why I needed the visa, and applied to the embassy representing the country where I was going.

What exactly are you trying to do, visit or work?

Actually I want to go UK or Germany so its really hard to get visit visa for UK or Germany so I decided to get any schengen country's visit visa and then I will move from there to Germany or UK. Actually I recently got married so I can get any schengen country's visa for honemoon I am sure they will give me visa because I will show that I am coming for honemoon with my wife. Hope it will work for us. What do you think ?

Thanks

I am not an expert in visitor visas for the Schengen countries. You really need to speak to the appropriate embassy about how this works. However, visitor visas usually expect some kind of proof that you will be returning to your home country, either confirmation of return travel or financial/work ties there. They are not intended as a way to get into the country so you can stay long term.

Dont want to say long term but want to visit some of countries like UK, Germany, Denmark, Poland, etc.. if it is possible to visit all those countries in just one visa (Schengen visa).

as I said before, the UK is not part of the Schengen agreement. As for the other countries, there is indeed visa-free travel across their borders.

I recommend you read a little bit about what countries are members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

I understand Thank you so much..

As far as i know If you got a visa from Poland embassy, you should land in Poland in first,
You cant go directly to Germany or any Schengen country before u land in Poland.

Also if ur visit visa are vaild for 15 days,
you should spend 7 to 8 days at least in Poland. And the rest of period can be in any other country.