How to open a company ?

Dear friends, i want to ask about legislation. How to open a company? I mean for Russian. Is it possible? If it is possible, what documents are needed?

Hi Anatolie,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Australia Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

More details on your company.. can help us give you better guidance pls :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Anatolie, companies in Australia come in a range of forms from sole trader to limited liability.  The easiest way to set up a company here, in any state or territory, is to have an accountant do it for you.  Some accountants offer a complete service; you provide them with 3 choices for your business name (one or two may not be available) and the accountant does everything else.  Costs will range from about $300 for a sole trader to about $1,500 for a Pty Limited company.

I know of no reason why there would be any problem for you setting up here.  Documentation required would be proof of identity (birth certificate, passport) and residency status.  You don't have to live in Australia to own a company here, as far as I know.

If you want to open a company, you should prepare to have word permit, confirmation of finance as required by the law in Australia.

michaellucas90:

Could you write the name of act?

Thank you in advance!