World cup

Hi,how do i get tickets for next years world cup when i come to brazil?

World Cup 2014 tickets are sold through the official FIFA website:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/

Just keep in mind that accommodations in almost all of the cities that will be venues for matches, but especially Rio, São Paulo and Belo Horizonte have long since been booked up. In those cities you are going to find it necessary to search for accommodations very far from the city center and travel, perhaps for hours by bus to events.

thanks for the update.are there low cost accomodation at the city skirts that one can get?

cussias,

Try finding hotels in Manaus - it is very hot here, but I think you will have better luck. Manaus is a venue for the WC.

At this late date it is going to be very difficult to find low cost accommodations anywhere in Brazil during the World Cup, don't forget that Brazilian are world champions at exploiting tourists, especially during big events. There are three prices for everyting in Brazil no matter where you go, there is a price for local residents, another still for Brazilian tourists and a third yet higher for foreign tourists. People here generally carry a light/water/telephone bill with them at all times so they can prove they're local residents and don't get charged higher prices.

You don't want them.  If it turn's out anything like what happened at home (South Africa), leave the country for a month or don't come.

Just some helpful advise.

Hello Melissa Lindsay,

It seems that you are a bit off topic on this thread as the title is about the world cup in Brazil.

I would suggest you to start a new discussion on the Brazil forum.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hasnaa,

Melissa was referring to the World Cup in South Africa and comparing it to Brazil and what to expect/do.

Actually I know of many Brazilians who are going to do just that, they plan on moving out of their homes and going on vacation during the World Cup envents in many of the venues, but especially people I know in São Paulo, Rio and Belo Horizonte.

Cheers

Yup. Definitely getting out of dodge. Will watch things collapse from a distance with a beer in my hands...

Yep, me too... you have no idea how happy I am to be living 4 hours away from Rio and 12 from São Paulo. I probably won't even feel the slightest tremor here.

In the words of Justin Bieber - "NEVER say NEVER."

There won't be much escaping it here in Manaus... Unless they fail to complete the stadium on-time.

usmc_mv wrote:

In the words of Justin Bieber - "NEVER say NEVER."

Well, excuse me, but that was not Dwieber, but Bond, James Bond (Sean Connery)

usmc_mv wrote:

There won't be much escaping it here in Manaus...

Presidente Figuereido!

There is als Trinidad e Tobago, Isla Marguerita...

usmc_mv wrote:

Unless they fail to complete the stadium on-time.

Shouldn't it have been finished already?

am reading good ideas.watching with a beer

Is Brazil ready for the World Cup?  Everything I'm seeing on the news isn't great.

Nope. Not ready. Manaus at least. I am planning on leaving Brazil for 2 weeks while the country embarrasses itself. It should be very entertaining from my couch in the United States.

DonŽt bother, if it turns out like it did in South Africa, you will still be paying for it.  In SA, especially Gauteng we are paying to use the N3, around Jozi. People lost alot of money thinking they would make - WRONG!!

Why would anyone make any money off the world cup - except whoever owns the advertising rights.

This is Brazil. The only reason we have the World Cup and the olimpics is so that those involved can rob money.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHKRNq2D28cfvQKPt6WXg5HzfbBUrpnRbzHV8UoNOmh4PDwEHkwA
As if things aren't already bad enough the collapse on Wednesday of a crane which sent a large section of the roof of São Paulo's "Itaquerão" stadium crashing to the ground, seriously damaging part of the external facade and a portion of the roof and killing two construction workers could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Crews have been racing to try and finish work on the stadium in time for the December delivery deadline imposed by FIFA. And will representatives from Odebrecht SA are trying to put on a brave face and saying it's going to be "work as usual" on Monday. Union officials aren't quite so optimistic. They say that work could be frozen for a month or even longer while the cause of the accident and structural inspections are carried out. Given the onset of the rainy season this is also most certainly going to cause even further delays.

It is almost a certainty now that "Itaquerão" will not be ready in time to meet the December deadline and if the construction is delayed for 60 days or more that will guarantee that the stadium will end up out of the World Cup. Officials have expressed grave concerns that the stadiums in São Paulo, Manaus and Cuiabá will not be completed by the deadline.

All this, combined with major public transportation projects that have been cancelled or shelved, huge cost overruns, grave concerns over Brazil's building standards and public anger over government waste. All of this has cast serious doubts over Brazil's ability to host such international events as the World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games. This no doubt was one of the reasons that on the very same day as the accident at São Paulo's stadium the World Expo leaders announced that São Paulo had lost its bid to host Expo 2020, the third most important international event that exists.