Ear Wax Removal

Does anyone know where I can find Debrox or a similar medication to aid in the removal of ear wax? I forgot to buy it when I was in the US, and now I can barely hear out of my right ear.

If so, what is it called?

Hi Matt,

There are actually a number of different home remedies that produce the same results if you can't find the medication you're looking for.

One of the most common is (using an eye dropper) put enough baby oil or mineral oil into the affected ear to almost fill it. Place a cotton ball into the outer portion of the ear to keep the oil from running out and let it sit for about five minutes. Remove the cotton ball, tilt your head to let the oil run out. I've used this one myself quite often.

The same can be done with a mixture of equal parts of (3%) Hydrogen Peroxide and water following the same directions as above.

or

Equal parts of rubbing alcohol, vinegar and water. Again following the same directions.

Hope you're hearing better soon.

Cheers,
James

Thank you, Dr. James. :D

Don't thank me.... JUST PAY, I'm not covered by SUS   hahahahaha

Anyone else that is interested the ear drops are called "Cerumin" and are very similar to Debrox in the US.

You can also buy syringes here but unlike the US, here in Brazil they come with a needle to help fuel the heroin epidemic. Caution when opening! :Dhttp://www.bulas.med.br/bula/2275/cerumin.htm

You what? You are joking, contact my ex-husband, he will extract anything, He is an engineer.