Places to visit in Ahmedabad

Hi,

For the ones living in Ahmedabad, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Ahmedabad, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Ahmedabad?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

This is not the right time to visit as due to rain, you will not be able to visit more places. If you love rain, of course welcome!

Hi Julie,

It depends on what you would like to discover in the region.
Music, hangouts, religion, archaeology, calmness, shopping etc.

When people here have friends or family visiting the best place you will find people is either at some food joint or at someone else's house.

If you would like to visit region in an original way you should travel via Auto Rickshaw also accompany any locals around here. if you do not know any one please contact me as i would be pleased to accompany you.

If you are a bird watcher you are in treat as there is a near by bird sanctuary where you can go also if you would like to see landscapes there are couple of good areas too.

Anything else further let me know. I am dropping you my contact details in inbox.

Thanks,
Samar

Hello :)

Thank you for your contribution :)

Regards.

Karen :)

HI Karen,

Who does your post reply to? ;)

Thanks
Samar :)

Hello Samar --> Sorry ;) To both of you !

oh alright.. you are in ahmedabad currently?

Hi Samar,

Nope she is from the Expat.com team :)

Regards
Armand

Most ideal way would be to visit website or office of Gujarat Tourism for places of tourists importance. They also have package tours. Ahmadabad is a beautiful fast developing city and off hand we can recommend a) Swami Narayan Temple, River Front, SG Road for Malls and Iscon Temple, Calico Museum etc etc.

Hi Julie,

It was nice of the gentleman, Mr Rungta, to suggest your safest option! And all the places he's suggested I have been to! One more is the Ghandhi Ashram.
Cheers! :)

near by place, ADALAJ NI VAVA , AKSHRADHAM , RANI NO HAJIRO , SARKHEJ NO ROAJO and many more is there :)

gujarattourism.com/

gujarattourism.com/downloads/dekho_amdavad.pdf