Relocating to Nairobi

Greetings,

Would $3000 US be sufficient to live in Nairobi for a family of 3(wife & kid)? apart from the salary, other perks include accommodation and car. We are planning to relocate from Mumbai in November'13.

Can someone please guide in sharing their thoughts? Thanks.

Hello Sujit,

That should be enough but it will depend on a few things
like where you will be living ie rental, where you go shopping
fuel expenditure, food preference and if you have to furnish
your house if not taking a furnished apartment.

Eunia

Where is your work. Its very important because you can have a lovely house and take over 2 hrs to get to work. This city is a nightmare

Hello,

With that kind of money you will be able to get accommodation in a secure area with the convenience of shopping malls, restaurants. I have partnered with serviced apartments, which have all the amenities you require for your stay. Please do not hesitate for more information.

Regards

Mike

Thanks guys! What would be average monthly rent for furnished and semi-furnished accommodation at Westlands & Lavington? Would renting an apartment in a residential building or independent condo/house would be more secure in terms of safety?

I have a 3 bedroomed fully furnished apt in Kileleshwa, if you want a smooth transition. We can negotiate the price. I work in the US and understand how moving and relocating can be hectic. Let me know

Folks, how much would be bare minimum monthly cost for the following in Nairobi preferably in a Indian expat colony. My prospect company is offering $1200 for it. will it be sufficient.
2bhk furnished rental apartment
Indian tiffin service
gas
electricity
water charges
internet connection
Maid
TV cable connection

(Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls + register your business in the business directory)

[Moderated: pls post in the Housing in Nairobi section]