Help needed

Question

I have received a job offer from a government agency in Saudi Arabia. they offering me a post in the Riyadh hospital.  [  i got a visa showing my profession as computer programmer and show its purpose as a government visit as also printed on it that "Not permitted to work". i think  single entry business visa ] . and they asking me to come on this Visa first, after which he said he will get it changed to work permit. My question here is what is the validity of that business visa? And how much time will it take to convert a business visa into a work permit? For how long can one work on a business visa? Is it legal to work on a business visa? they offering me family status and all but how to ensure this using the same visa? I am having a very good job in India. I need your advice before I resign here in India. Please guide me.

They ask me to get in there by 25/11/2013... pls help me

Hi noufal68,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I suggest you to browse through the different discussions on the Saudi Arabia forum. This might be helpful in having some answers to your questions.

I am sure the members will also provide you with some useful information very soon.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

noufal68 wrote:

Question

I have received a job offer from a government agency in Saudi Arabia. they offering me a post in the Riyadh hospital.  [  i got a visa showing my profession as computer programmer and show its purpose as a government visit as also printed on it that "Not permitted to work". i think  single entry business visa ] . and they asking me to come on this Visa first, after which he said he will get it changed to work permit. My question here is what is the validity of that business visa? And how much time will it take to convert a business visa into a work permit? For how long can one work on a business visa? Is it legal to work on a business visa? they offering me family status and all but how to ensure this using the same visa? I am having a very good job in India. I need your advice before I resign here in India. Please guide me.

They ask me to get in there by 25/11/2013... pls help me

Most companies do this practice in order to save time or since they might not have a work visa with them as of now and must have applied for it , until they get it they will use business visit visa. Such visas are used to bring workers for a short period , usually the duration of visa depends on the application it can be from a min of 15 days to a max of 90 days, can be single / multiple in nature and after the duration you might need to exit the country. Very few companies can change a visit visa into a working visa, if  you mentioned govt agency then they might be able to pull it off. As to resigning and joining them, its up to you to decide that, looking at the offer and your career growth. If in terms of visa this is not the best scenario you could have, but this type of activity has happened before and will happen in the future as well.